What's new

Iphone 3gs ios upgrade from 4.1 to 4.3.3

akram007

Reaction score
Hello !

Please any one could help me me in that
I've been trying to update ios in my iphone 3gs with ios 4.1 (jail Broken) , Base Band 06.15.00 i tried to update it to 4.3.3 using Snowbreeze & Redsnow
After completing all the steps i am always stuck while restoring from itunes it's giving me error 3194 , what shall i do please help

OR

Please guide step by step on how to upgrade from ios 4.1 to 4.3.3 or higher

Thanks

You can only do so if you have iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved for your device specifically. Check to see whether you have them first.

how to check iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs are available for my device or not ??

Open up Cydia. On the main page, scroll down to the TSS Center and see what iOS's are listed at the top.

Thanks alot well i used Redsn0w to check cydia SHSH for my device well 4.3.3 is not listed 4.3 available though . I'll try to go for 4.3 now
if any problem occur , I'll post

Thanks anyway !!

Cheers

Please help i am in a mess

i made a custom ipsw from snowbreeze with the affiliated SHSH blobs from cydia , when i try to restore ipsw from i tunes it gave me error 21 & now my phone is not opening

please tell me how to restore my phone in previous working state

Please help i am in a mess

i made a custom ipsw from snowbreeze with the affiliated SHSH blobs from cydia , when i try to restore ipsw from i tunes it gave me error 21 & now my phone is not opening

please tell me how to restore my phone in previous working state

I will try make it as simple as i can...
  • Don't use the SHSH blobs from the cydia server, it will cause error, use only those available in your [FONT=Droid Sans, sans-serif]device.
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Droid Sans, sans-serif][/FONT]Use TinyUmbrella to backup your SHSH blobs ( always uncheck Request SHSH From Cydia)
Since you don't have the SHSH blobs from your device (not the cydia one) , the best bet is to restore the iOS 4.1 firmware.
  • Download the iOS 4.1 ipsw for your device & restore it through redsn0w. The device will boot up.
  • If you want to upgrade, save the SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella & restore the new firmware through redsn0w.
There are lots of methods, but i think this is the safest bet....

I will try make it as simple as i can...
  • Don't use the SHSH blobs from the cydia server, it will cause error, use only those available in your device.
  • Use TinyUmbrella to backup your SHSH blobs ( always uncheck Request SHSH From Cydia)
Since you don't have the SHSH blobs from your device (not the cydia one) , the best bet is to restore the iOS 4.1 firmware.
  • Download the iOS 4.1 ipsw for your device & restore it through redsn0w. The device will boot up.
  • If you want to upgrade, save the SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella & restore the new firmware through redsn0w.
There are lots of methods, but i think this is the safest bet....

Sorry Actually i saved the SHSH blobs from tinyumbrella & then i stitch the ios 4.3 file & SHSH 4.3 file with redsnow & restore it from itunes but after restoring it gives me error 20 & my phone stuck on apple logo & now it's giving me itunes logo

what shall i do ?

Sorry Actually i saved the SHSH blobs from tinyumbrella & then i stitch the ios 4.3 file & SHSH 4.3 file with redsnow & restore it from itunes but after restoring it gives me error 20 & my phone stuck on apple logo & now it's giving me itunes logo

what shall i do ?

Follow this procedure

Go to DFU mode, use the official ios 4.3 ipsw (not the custom ipsw you made) , restore the device through redsn0w (not through itunes)

When redsn0w asks for SHSH blobs, select local and use the 4.3 one you saved using tinyumbrella (make sure the blobs are from the device & not from the cydia server)

Which version of redsnow is compatible with 3gs ios 4.3 ?

i am using redsnow 0.9.11b4 it'f giving me error this version of redsnow not compatible