What's new

problems with my iphone 4

iphoneneveragain

Reaction score
Problems and I say it's a pain too 1st is at&t had my phone set up were incoming calls didn't make it in for 1 week.

2nd problem at& t had it were I couldn't send out photos these are fixed now after around 16 hours on the phone in all.

3rd round of problems my iphone 4 will lock sometimes not one thing will work, once in a blue moon when a text comes in, as then the menu will that will let you cancle or add a person which will take up 1/2 the screen, will end up in a 1/4 x 1/4 square block at the top of the phone, it's locked and I have to do a reboot to get it back.

See phone screen at home.newwavecomm.net/racal/iphone.jpg and http://home.newwavecomm.net/racal/iphone1.jpg . apple techs nuts this is in the operation 4.0 system in the phone.

All apple tells me is to redo the phone as new , I told them I have 3 time to date.

I call apple to see about a replacement the tech found out I had a 65.00 care plan which I haven't open. All they wanted is that pack open were I would be out 65.00 extra.

Before I open the pack I asked the tech so you will send me out a new phone? without any money or cc card next day air if I open this? and I can return this one? he said yes.

I asked him 3 time before I opened the thing, when I did he took my code # and then told me he needed a cc card for a 6.99 hold. I said you lied, he reply it is just a hold to the card only, but to find out it was 699.00 not 6.99 .

I got really mad at the ,I told him he was a lier and apple was trying to get all the money they can without helping anyone. Calling apple is a waste of time bunch of money grabing nuts, I will have to make a date and time to take it into a apple store 300 miles and the same back to get a replacement phone.

they wanted me to place it in a box and send it back to them I said noway, I want to see the phone you are going to give me on the spot, not something I get in the mail 2 to 3 weeks later.

I would get out of this contact but iam pass the 30 days as I started with a 3gs iphone and traded up for this 4.0.

I should had keep the 3gs iphone. beware all iphone user if you are under your 30 day return send it back to apple or at&t now, I wish I could too late for myseft as for apple its your $$$ they want, get it right don't let them fool you with a fix update on the way for the phone.

This phone has hardware problems too that this willn't fix. Please reply back with you reply, I need help but fear there is none for me now.

Last edited:
Wow! I have a problem with your post. You need to use more periods and break up in smaller sentences.

If I were you, I would ask apple to overnight you a new phone and then send you a shipping label for your bad phone.

I need to go to bed now, reading your post made me drunk.

Why hassle with the problems u should of first made a appointment at apple or just return and cancel service is that was available.

Here is the deal on the return, they told me they would send me a free phone overnite if I opened my care plan out of the box, no money needed a apple tech told me this. But after I did open the 65.00 care plan he told me i needed 699.00 hold? he said no money or CC card needed. Apple store is 300 mile away at&t said It was out of 30 day return, I had a 3gs for the 27th day of my contact before the trade, same contact wanted to keep the 30.00 unlimited data which was dropped by that time. Don't want to make this to long but to tell it in a few word at&t and apple are of the worst kinds of liers, cheats you will ever run into.

Wow! I have a problem with your post. You need to use more periods and break up in smaller sentences.

If I were you, I would ask apple to overnight you a new phone and then send you a shipping label for your bad phone.

I need to go to bed now, reading your post made me drunk.

I didnt want to give you a free drunk but I clean the post up.

You have 2 options when shipping to apple. One is they will send you a box you send your phone off they repair it and send you a new one. Second is they put a $699 hold on your credit card and the ship you a replacement. The hold just protects you from running off with both phones.

You have 2 options when shipping to apple. One is they will send you a box you send your phone off they repair it and send you a new one. Second is they put a $699 hold on your credit card and the ship you a replacement. The hold just protects you from running off with both phones.
But would you send in a phone to a company that tells you will have it ship for free and no charge at all no CC card needed after I ask them 3 times? they just to get the 65.00 plan added, it can't be used by anyone but me now.

What am not sure about is what they will send me back ? something with more problems and no return on it. I feel they shouldn't have lied about the first return to me. I want to see this other phone in my hand first, I just don,t trust them now.

The 699.00 is a hold but it is Money that will be place on hold which I can't use, if they lost the phone in the mail it wouldn't be a hold then even with insurance, they would charge me, I would have to try to get money back from mail insurance,

AT&T replacement phones work on the same way, when I had my old phone and needed it replace, the USPS postmaster told me the address on the tag scanned as non tracking , and he couldnt even add insurance on the phone? seem the tracking# on the tag was for the at&t warehouse only, What if it got lost in the mail system? it would never make it to them, they wouldn't get to scan it.

I couldn't even pay for my own shipping as the address on the tag wouldn't show a real address in the USPS address system so they couldn't send it only with the tag they sent me.

Not really sure what USPS has to do with apple... They send you a box with a pre-payed fedex label on it. They pay overnight shipping both ways.

No company is going to send a replacement with out some sort of holding cost in this case the cost of the phone think about it before going off the despite end you could have sent your faulty phone in registered and apple would have replaced it
Don't spin out of control and blame apple as I can guarantee you they do look after there customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The apple tech lied to me, I don't like that when it cost me 65.00 , as for going off the deep end when a person is on the phone with a jamming phone problems for days with 4 hours ench day , it's wasting my time. Sorry not here to bad mouth Apple as I just tell the truth, no sugar coating it on my side for Apple here. May I ask do you work for Apple?

No company is going to send a replacement with out some sort of holding cost in this case the cost of the phone think about it before going off the despite end you could have sent your faulty phone in registered and apple would have replaced it
Don't spin out of control and blame apple as I can guarantee you they do look after there customers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One company did AT&t? stange I was still under my 30 day contact with AT&T on a other none iphone a 200.00 phone ,which was giving me problems.

They sent me the phone out first before I return the old one and even told me to keep the battery of the old one as spare? I was thinking they really trust me, No it wasn't that, I was still was under the 30 return. They was trying to make me keep the phone until contact set date.

After the 30 day was over AT&T told me to forget any thing more from them, your 30 days is over. She said after 30 day they stop being good on replacements before returns, they just hooked a fish why let it go now or play with it.

Talked to AT&T today my local store, They called me back when they asked me how I like the store in a email.

I guess you know what kind of grade I gave them, it sure wasn't a A+ for sure with me being not too happy camper anyway. I told her of my problems with th iphone 4 and poor signal with a g3 tower 1 1/2 miles away.

She reply to me that for the small cost or 150.00 they will give me what I call a small repeater system that would hook into my internet high speed modem, to run 3g, data, and phone calls into. She told me it would give me full bars with full 3g service.

I would just add the phone#s of my family I want to use my iternet and phone service to keep free loaders off. I was thinking would they give me one for free? I was thinking and I said I DON,T THINK SO to myseft.