What's new

Apple Iphone battery problem - Inflated and screen coming out

moga

Reaction score
Hello All,

One of my apple I phone battery is start inflated and screen is start coming out. It happened second time. First time they fixed it and replaced with another iphone. I called Apple service desk and they say phone is out of warranty so they will not support. I told it is manufacturing defect and my phone still working fine. It may be dangerous. If battery is inflated it means you have not fixed problem in your manufacturing. It does not matter under warranty or out of warranty. Apple must fix it and it does not matter iphone 5 or iphone 6 or iphone 7.

Where should we raise this issue if apple team does not want to support?
Should we make a police complain or any other authority?
Regards
Moga

In fact when I called apple help desk senior (IInd) level guy was rude when he heard battery problem again. He finds easy to tell me out of warranty phone so they can not do anything. Apply teams know people will not call many time as waiting time is high to connect and slowly customer will not call and forgot the issue.

Hi @moga and welcome to the forum.

Can't really offer any suggestions. If Apple say they can't do anything due to the phone being out of warranty and you think it's dangerous, you might want to try changing the battery yourself. Sites such as ifixit.com give complete instructions.

This forum is not affiliated with Apple so we don't have any information that is not available elsewhere about their policies.

In fact when I called apple help desk senior (IInd) level guy was rude when he heard battery problem again. He finds easy to tell me out of warranty phone so they can not do anything. Apply teams know people will not call many time as waiting time is high to connect and slowly customer will not call and forgot the issue.

Hi sorry to hear of your problem, you probably are not the first and will not be the last. Apple are a major company and believe that they can get away with these things. Sadly for the most part they can and do.