What's new

Problem jail breaking with redsnow please help!!

Gunnar1919

Reaction score
Oh my goodness! I am close to running over this phone with my truck! I finally decided to make the upgrade to ios5 and rejailbreak. I upgraded and I can't get redsnow to work right. It keeps locking up at "waiting for reboot" and my phone then just turns on like normal never goes into matrixy looking mode. Then to top it off I did back up my phone prior to upgrade but after trying to restore I lost my calendar and all my notes! Now I have a non jailbroken phone and no dates in my calendar. Somehow my contacts did transfer though. I've tried running redsnow in admin mode and unplugging and replugging. Please please help me!!!

Frustrated

Download the 5.0.1 IPSW to your computer and point to it in redsnow. That should do it.

-EDIT-

Just realized jamill and I almost replied at the same time.

Last edited:
I am currently running 5.0.1. I guess I am confused on what is meant by pointing computer to it. What does that mean to specify 5.0.1 software? A friend of mine tried jail breaking on his computer (which he had already jailbroken 2 others with 5.0.1 and reds now) and we get same problem. Never goes into matrixy looking stage and phone just turns on like normal once redsnow says waiting for reboot.

(thanks for your time by the way)

Gunnar1919 said:
I am currently running 5.0.1. I guess I am confused on what is meant by pointing computer to it. What does that mean to specify 5.0.1 software? A friend of mine tried jail breaking on his computer (which he had already jailbroken 2 others with 5.0.1 and reds now) and we get same problem. Never goes into matrixy looking stage and phone just turns on like normal once redsnow says waiting for reboot.

(thanks for your time by the way)

Just download the 5.0.1 ipsw then go to extra select ipsw and try jail breaking again