What's new

Problems with ios 5.0.1 and Redsnow

beavery

Reaction score
I think I must be noobing out here. I have iPhone 4 gsm(the sim card one) freshly loaded a backup of my data on a fresh install of ios5.01. (I upgraded from a jb iOS 4.3.3)
I have the correct ios5 ispw file downloaded and saved in a convenient location.
I think I followed the instructions absolutely correctly. Pointed redsnow the the right file then clicked jailbreak. Had a lil while Cydia.
That's as far as my phone goes.

I select the iOS 5 ispw file

I try to 'just boot' It goes through. I get a pineapple..

Yay! Then I get an apple, followed by a spinning circle, followed by an apple, this circle repeats. While randomly vibrating mind you.

The only way I get out of it is to do a phone restore (home and sleep till a non-rotating apple appears)

Open phone and I still have white Cydia.

What am I missing? Any help would be lovely. Trying not to panic.

I miss my tweaks :( ESP sbs setting toggles!

I tried a restore from backup. And for some reason the white Cydia icon stayed put. :S
If I do a complete restore, aka wipe everything, will I be able to get it back after the jailbreak works?
Thanks for helping.

I tried a restore from backup. And for some reason the white Cydia icon stayed put. :S
If I do a complete restore, aka wipe everything, will I be able to get it back after the jailbreak works?
Thanks for helping.

You have to restore and set up as new. Restoring from backup is why you still have the cydia icon.