What's new

Redsnow 9.10.5b jailbreak problem with iPhone 4 running 5.0.1

randco

Reaction score
I am jailbreaking an iPhone 4 running the newest software 5.0.1. I just upgraded this phone fromn 5.0 to 5.0.1. I downloaded the new untethered Redsnow jailbreak 9.10.5b and have tried to jailbreak this phone on the same computer as I have done the same type of phone before, using windows 7. I switched over to another computer and installed the same redsnow program running windows vista.
Every time I try to get jailbreak and install Cydia, the screen shows the process but gets hung up and states waiting on reboot. The phone reboots and goes to the normal state but redsnow shows it is still waiting on reboot. I have thought this was a problem entering DMU mode and tried several times, insuring to wait the appropriate time between power, home and release.
I would be very appreciative for any input or advice on my redsnow jailbreak problem. My plan is to install Spire and put Siri on this phone like I have done my phone recently. This is my wifes phone, we have the same phone, and I am trying to get hers jailbroke and install Cydia. Thank you in advance.

I do have a question that may resolve my issue. During running redsnow. I see where limera, and 2 stages run one the screen. The phone will boot and the screen read: Waiting for phone to reboot but at the top of the box in the redsnow program it reads " waiting on build" or something to that affect. It seems like the other phone went into jailbreak and Cydia soon afterwards but this phone doesnt. It goes to the home screen after reboot. Is there a possibility of a long wait for " the build" process to complete and then go into jailbreak and install Cydia. Thanks JMills and I appreciate any further assistance.

I do have a question that may resolve my issue. During running redsnow. I see where limera, and 2 stages run one the screen. The phone will boot and the screen read: Waiting for phone to reboot but at the top of the box in the redsnow program it reads " waiting on build" or something to that affect. It seems like the other phone went into jailbreak and Cydia soon afterwards but this phone doesnt. It goes to the home screen after reboot. Is there a possibility of a long wait for " the build" process to complete and then go into jailbreak and install Cydia. Thanks JMills and I appreciate any further assistance.

Have a look at the tutorial here and skip to Section 6 - Problems? - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...jailbreak-ios5-using-redsn0w-beginners-25943/

Following that should solve your "identifying build" problem.