What's new

iPhone 3GS 5.0.1 - Stuck at loading circle, please help!

ninjarawr49

Reaction score
Hello iPhone brothas,

I recently jailbroke my iPhone 3GS and replaced my dock connector. After this, my iPhone started being stuck at the apple boot logo, and then would advance to the spinning circle (of death?). I tried restoring it, and the same thing happens - apple logo, and then spinning circle.

However, on iTunes, the phone looks how it would look like if it was working properly - shows all my music, videos, etc.

Things I tried:
- I restored it like 5 times. I also tried using a iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw (5.0.1 firmware from iClarified), no luck.
- I tried jailbreaking with redsn0w 10.3b after I restored it...the screen shows the entire jailbreak process, but when finished, shows apple logo --> spinning circle. I tried the "Just Boot" option and it is stuck at the pineapple logo.
- Alternating between the above two didn't help either (ie. same result with or without jailbreak). I can get it into DFU mode though.

Please help me with any advice you can give - this is my only good phone right now.

-N

Last edited:
hey i just had my screen replaced on my iphone 3gs with all the same specks as yours. phone worked fine before, but after the screen was put in it wouldn't boot stuck on apple logo then spinning wheel. i did some research and someone said to check ribbon #3 in the phone. so i disconected ribbom #3 and phone booted right up. so turns out they damaged that ribbon and the phone will boot without that ribbon attached, but it is the proximity sensor,ear speaker,and some touch screen functions. But try this fix mabye it'll work for you. later

o yea one more thing. it looks like you can buy a new ribbon #3 online for about 5$ but it looks like a pain to put in. I'm gonna see if the place that put in my new screen will fix that problem that they created . good luck