What's new

Jail Break Help!!!

madds08

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the iphone.......normally an android guy i know....but i have run into a problem jail-breaking an iphone 4 running 5.1.1 I'm using the latest version of redsnow pointing it to the IPSW for 5.1 that i downloaded from the web but every time i try to run the jailbreak it fails over and over...what could i be doing wrong? Im using windows 7 to do this, any help would be appreciated.

You are not jailbreaking, you are trying to downgrade your iPhone running on ios 5.1.1 to 5.1.
It is not possible unless you have your saved shsh blobs of ios 5.1.
Further an untethered jailbreak is not available at the moment for ios later than 5.0.1.

Hey guys new to the iphone.......normally an android guy i know....but i have run into a problem jail-breaking an iphone 4 running 5.1.1 I'm using the latest version of redsnow pointing it to the IPSW for 5.1 that i downloaded from the web but every time i try to run the jailbreak it fails over and over...what could i be doing wrong? Im using windows 7 to do this, any help would be appreciated.

Run Redsn0w as administrator, you can also try redownloading the 5.1 firmware file from an alternate source to ensure that the one you have isn't just corrupt.

ok....so here is where im at....after hours of playing around i managed to restore it to 5.1 not 5.1.1 which it previously had on it. I was able to just use itunes to get this to work. Every-time i run redsnow i believe it would say uploading second stage then itll go right to exploit failed. Ive run it as admin and ive followed various how to's step by step with the same results ive even tried using a different pc. Basically what i need to do is get this iphone 4 to work with tmoble. If there is an easier way id really appreciate letting me know.

I could never get redsnow to work,but I was successful at jailbreaking thru snowbreeze. So try out snowbreeze.