What's new

iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 Error

Ruskin1182

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I'm a little baffled here, was really hoping someone could help me out.

Using rednow windows 0.915b3 and downloaded the iPhone4 GSM 6.0 ipsw.

So I tried it multiple times, selecting the ipsw then going back and to jailbreak, it goes through it all, you can see it on the phone, then I try booting tethered and at that phase, at some point through the process it always says "missing keys"?

I tried running as admin, I tried downloading the ipsw again from a different site, nothing

The jail break doesn't stick so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any advice guys?

Thanks

So you're getting the missing keys.plist hen booting tethered or when trying to jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

When booting tethered.

Thanks for the quick response.

And after it fails all the time when it comes back on, my mail or safari dont work so I have to restore through iTunes

Make sure you're using the correct IPSW. Missing keys.plist refers to the incorrect IPSW used. Make sure your iPhone is a GSM if not a CDMA

It was locked to AT&T in the US, that means GSM correct?

Do you have a link different than what I found on here?

All links will be the same, all leading back to Apple. Try redownloading using another browser, especially if you used Internet Explorer

So I was always using Chrome, I tried the CDMA download instead, it went through and didn't give me missing keys but it's been half an hr now, it showed the pineapple and now it has the apple logo on it, just staying there ... Should I retry the GSM or does it need more time?

If the device is from AT&T, then the CDMA IPSW shouldn't be working... Do a fresh restore again with the device through RedSn0w or iTunes and retry.

Tried it about 4-5 times again, no luck ... Is it possible there's something on my phone that's preventing it?

\maybe it's a sign to wait for the untethered lol

Just out of curiosity what is the file name of the firmware you are pointing redsnow to?

If the device is in DFU mode, there aren't any software issues that can cause a problem, otherwise DFU mode would be pretty much useless. Certain hardware problems can cause issues when trying to manipulate the software on your device. If you want, like I did with another case a while back, I had several TeamViewer sessions with the user where I would instruct the user on what to do while I have access to their screen to manipulate iTunes or RedSn0w or any other necessary applications.

Because there shouldn't be a problem at all if what you're doing is what you're saying you're doing. If it's an AT&T iPhone, it's a GSM model iPhone, meaning the CDMA IPSW should not be working. The only other situation I could think of where this is the case, would be if your phone is the iPhone3,2.