What's new

To Jail Break my 4s or not?!?!?

TetherMe is not free, but it is the best app for the job and it is reasonably priced.

Are you positive of this? Wonder why My-Wi can be detected but TetherMe cannot? I've been considering installing one of them, but I have unlimited data and I rely on it greatly so if I ever lost it I'd be pretty freaking pissed. :/ haha

I went against my better judgement and did the JB on my 4S but I restored the phone a couple days later after I stopped receiving phone calls, couldn't connect to 3G or Wi-Fi and my music player stopped working. I switched to iPhone from droid to get away from the glitching and other issues and with the JB I felt like I had my old droid again! Hopefully others have better luck, Im staying stock for now.

Are you positive of this? Wonder why My-Wi can be detected but TetherMe cannot? I've been considering installing one of them, but I have unlimited data and I rely on it greatly so if I ever lost it I'd be pretty freaking pissed. :/ haha

Because MyWi is a 3rd party application whereas TetherMe enables native tethering that is already built into the iOS firmware.

I went against my better judgement and did the JB on my 4S but I restored the phone a couple days later after I stopped receiving phone calls, couldn't connect to 3G or Wi-Fi and my music player stopped working. I switched to iPhone from droid to get away from the glitching and other issues and with the JB I felt like I had my old droid again! Hopefully others have better luck, Im staying stock for now.

I've been jailbreaking since iPhone3G on 3.1.2 and I have never had such problems as you mention. As long as you always do a fresh restore before jailbreaking you won't run into any issues.

What is the fix for the white icons showing up from time to time on the home screen?

If you search on Cydia Duplicate Icon Fix you should find it, and download it. If that doesn't fix you're issue people are saying try re jailbreaking. But I haven't had any problems since downloading the fix.

To Nikstar,
Does your incoming facetime still worked? I am on verizon, outcall on faetime no problem, incoming facetime, my 4s freeze as I accepted, the caller must end inorder for me get out of that screen. Also, now I lose picture text, regular text works fine.