What's new

To Jail Break my 4s or not?!?!?

carnage334

Reaction score
Hey guys, you have probably seen this question 10000000000 times, but I figured I would ask since the 4s jail break is new. When my ipad 2 was jail broken on IOS 4 and loved all the little tweets that made my ipad special. I dont think ill be doing that as much on my 4s, buttt I would really love to jail break it for teathering to my ipad. I didnt get 3g service on my ipad 2 because I know my phone could teather and because I know ipad3 would be LTE most likely.

So hows the jail break doing?
Any issues with it?
Is it worth jail breaking to teather?
Alot of the same tweeks that IOS 4 had?

I have unlimited data still by the way so ill be carefull how much I use so not to get slowed down my ATT. Its mostly for when im out and cant find wireless and have to do work or something important to look up where I need the screen size of the Ipad. Just looking for some input because I have been waiting a while for this jail break and wanted to people a bit of time to test before I hopped on the wagon!

Thanks!

You can tether it without a jailbreak

I have the wifi only iPad 2 and when I'm out and about I use my 4s as a hotspot

Settings>personal hotspot

Would still jailbreak though

Hope You Have unlimited Data, Because Now 30 Bucks Only Gets Your 2G For New Guys, And No You Don't Need To Jailbreak Your Iphone, Unless You Don't Want To Pay The Extra Fee For Personal Hotspot.. Go Settings>General>Network>Set Up Personal Hotspot. Hope This ANswers your ?

Sgpuppet

It's just like jail breaking always has been. You can add some more commands to make Siri useful, and some cool notification center tweaks. If you tweak it a lot you may see a performance drop, but for the week or so I've been jail token I haven't noticed any stability issues. Everything works just fine.

I recommend doing it. I use MyWi, and it's awesome!

Great answers guys! Yes, I have unlimited data, I think ill try it out this week and jail break it. Whats the worst that can happen, just plug it in a restore it back to orginal state.

Newbie Needs Help! I am currently jailbroken and I lost my last pre jailbreak backup. So is there any way to go back to stock 5.0.1 and still have all of my contacts and apps? Also when a new IOS update comes out will I loose jailbreak?

Please do not hijack threads. To the OP, be sure to use TetherMe for tethering after you jailbreak. MyWi is detectable and if your carrier detects a 3rd party tethering app they will take you off your unlimited plan and start charging you the tethering fee.

O thanks, thats good to know. I was going to ask about that. If I jailbreak the carrier cant do anything, but if I install MyWi they can detect that and start charging me. And TetherMe so far cant be detected? Is TetherMe free? Any other good Tether apps?