What's new

jail break questions?

rickyp

Reaction score
I have never jail broke my device before and am ready to possibly jail break right now i know it would be tethered because for ios 5 thats all there is right now but i was wondering when I jail break it I can not do updates on my iphone correct and then what about like every time my phone backs up do i need to turn off the back up if i do this, i just want some more understanding to what i would have to do and then on top of it what i could not do once i jail break it so that i dont brick my device because i sure cant afford another one because i am not eligible for upgrade till 2013

Did you read any of our sticky threads in this section? They explain the answers to your questions quite well...

Jailbreaking will not stop you doing anything you do with your phone today. You continue to sync and backup with iTunes just like normal. It's just you can do more with your device.

And you cannot ever brick a modern iPhone. You are always able to restore to the latest standard OS if you device it is not for you or something goes wrong...