What's new

iOS 5 jailbreak with redsnow FYI.

ckdrucker

Reaction score
For those who jailbroke your iPhone 4 running ios5. If you turn your phone off, let your battery die etc. You have to connect your iPhone to your computer open up redsnow. Then go to extras, then select just boot.. If you do not do this you will get the everlasting frustrating hanging apple. This is just a little info for those who have that problem with the hanging apple on there reboots from jail breaking iOS 5 with redsnow.

ckdrucker said:
For those who jailbroke your iPhone 4 running ios5. If you turn your phone off, let your battery die etc. You have to connect your iPhone to your computer open up redsnow. Then go to extras, then select just boot.. If you do not do this you will get the everlasting frustrating hanging apple. This is just a little info for those who have that problem with the hanging apple on there reboots from jail breaking iOS 5 with redsnow.

Really. That method only applies for tethered jailbreaks. This is widely known.

Thanks for the heads up post. I found this out the hard way today by inadvertently turning off my phone in the Otter Box, not good. Never assume everyone is up to speed on all aspects of the jail breaking process and I would encourage you to continue posting information to help others, no matter how " widely known " it may seem.

It is up to the user to educate themselves before jailbreaking. I have never once seen an iOS5 jailbreak tutorial that does not state that iOS5 is a tethered jailbreak only right now.

Jmills87 said:
It is up to the user to educate themselves before jailbreaking. I have never once seen an iOS5 jailbreak tutorial that does not state that iOS5 is a tethered jailbreak only right now.

+1...must be a new jailbreaker.

randco said:
Thanks for the heads up post. I found this out the hard way today by inadvertently turning off my phone in the Otter Box, not good. Never assume everyone is up to speed on all aspects of the jail breaking process and I would encourage you to continue posting information to help others, no matter how " widely known " it may seem.

Yeah... I found out similar like that letting my battery drain ... Being this was my first tethered jailbreak. Not new to jailbreaking, newbie to doing the tethered way..

It honestly is pretty well documented on all howtos of tethered jailbreaking that you'll have to run redsn0w again if you reboot the device. If you didn't read any information before you did a jb, that was your first mistake. Never go into anything blind and unprepared.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.