What's new

Pod2g now has all 5.1 exploits needed and is working on bypassing ASLR

You guys would really switch to Android if there was no jailbreak? Man, it kinda hurts to read that. Lol I've been on stock 5.1 iPhone4S for about a month now and still love it. Even after having a jailbroken iTouch 4th Gen for over a year. I guess it's just personal preference, I never use custom themes because I like the way iOS looks by default.

Sent from my iPhone4S using iPF.net

zacharydansby said:
You guys would really switch to Android if there was no jailbreak? Man, it kinda hurts to read that. Lol I've been on stock 5.1 iPhone4S for about a month now and still love it. Even after having a jailbroken iTouch 4th Gen for over a year. I guess it's just personal preference, I never use custom themes because I like the way iOS looks by default.

Sent from my iPhone4S using iPF.net

Yeah, I don't really theme anything either. I change my lock screen slider black, and change the blue pop up alerts to the black one that's used on the lock screen, but that's it. I use Cydis for functionality, not looks....tho I do slightly take advantage of the that also

I'm apple for life. I was content with the non JB but you tube vids convinced me and I love it, but I definetly wouldn't switch just because of no JB

I agree that JB or no JB is definitely a personal and personality-driven thing. I can't imagine going to Andriod under any circumstances but I do NOT like the basic iOS theme. Very boring. Have those of you who are saying you like the stock look ever visited any of the theme threads here and seen what's possible with themes? Not to mention all the tweaks multiple email signatures and turning on and off your Wifi from a single stroke panel rather than having to go into Settings? Or being able to see live weather on your lockscreens?

I'm just a tinkerer, I cannot own a piece of electronics that I cannot tinker with. Back in the day before smartphones I used to hack my phone to flash different LED colors and stuff like that.

I've used my friends' Android phones quite a bit and rooted them and I enjoy Android, not nearly as much as iOS in terms of stability, but like I said, I enjoy tinkering :)

Yeah, I would also go back to android if there wasn't any JB - I seem to be in the unique position where I like Apple and Android. I know this is a dangerous place to mention this, but it's still absolutely my experience: for everyone who says the Android OS was unstable, there are a dozen of us who never had a problem.

Apple works great for me, and so did the Android OS (and I am a hard core "tinkerer" - I would have thought I would be a prime candidate for problems - but my experience with the Android OS was 100% positive, and the same goes for all my friends and family (I am the only one I know who has an iPhone). For the time being, I am happy with Apple and don't plan to go anywhere, I am planning on getting the iPhone 5... but if I were to go back to Android, I think I would be just as happy.

Take care,
Rob

Yeah, I would also go back to android if there wasn't any JB - I seem to be in the unique position where I like Apple and Android. I know this is a dangerous place to mention this, but it's still absolutely my experience: for everyone who says the Android OS was unstable, there are a dozen of us who never had a problem.

Apple works great for me, and so did the Android OS (and I am a hard core "tinkerer" - I would have thought I would be a prime candidate for problems - but my experience with the Android OS was 100% positive, and the same goes for all my friends and family (I am the only one I know who has an iPhone). For the time being, I am happy with Apple and don't plan to go anywhere, I am planning on getting the iPhone 5... but if I were to go back to Android, I think I would be just as happy.

Take care,
Rob
I hear ya, Rob. But how did you bear that waiting after every click of something before the next window appeared or the how it often took two taps of the screen to respond? Android just felt like a toy to me. And I've never heard 12:1 Android users say they've had a perfect experience with it. (Even on Android forums).. :-/ But each to his own/ Live and let live.. :)

See thats just it - it never had that experience. I clicked - it happened. I think, pound for pound, my DroidX2 was significantly faster than my iPhone4, maybe even a little faster than my iPhone4S - maybe the same... DEFINITELY not slower. At all. Whats more, I have never met anyone who has had bad experiences with an Android phone - and in my neck of the woods, Android phones outnumber the iphone by FAR. In fact, no one around me understands why I switched (it was for a 3rd party app that I needed for school - the android version was garbage, but that was the app makers fault).

Its simply a fact - you usually hear from the upset customers. The happy customers usually tend to be quiet. Like I said - thats just a fact of business that pretty much everyone knows. I mention that because on forums, I too have seen complaints about Android phones. But in real life (at least in my neck of the woods), everyone seems to love their Android phones.

I love my iPhone. I get teased - quite a bit sometimes, but I like my iPhone and I don't intend to switch anytime soon :)

Take care,
Rob

See thats just it - it never had that experience. I clicked - it happened. I think, pound for pound, my DroidX2 was significantly faster than my iPhone4, maybe even a little faster than my iPhone4S - maybe the same... DEFINITELY not slower. At all. Whats more, I have never met anyone who has had bad experiences with an Android phone - and in my neck of the woods, Android phones outnumber the iphone by FAR. In fact, no one around me understands why I switched (it was for a 3rd party app that I needed for school - the android version was garbage, but that was the app makers fault).

Its simply a fact - you usually hear from the upset customers. The happy customers usually tend to be quiet. Like I said - thats just a fact of business that pretty much everyone knows. I mention that because on forums, I too have seen complaints about Android phones. But in real life (at least in my neck of the woods), everyone seems to love their Android phones.

I love my iPhone. I get teased - quite a bit sometimes, but I like my iPhone and I don't intend to switch anytime soon :)

Take care,
Rob
I hear you my friend but we REALLY travel in different circles. My experiences and talks with friends are 180° the opposite of what you've just explained. How could that be?? I had the very DroidX2 you cite and Galaxy all side by side doing my own tests and comparisons and then believing I was too "biased" I asked two people who still had flip phones of all things to test drive these three phones without telling them which one I used most. Both chose the 4S. Now that's with some simple app finding and getting into an email an text. It's not like living with both for weeks on end getting to mastery level with both and then reporting findings.

Well that's the Internet for ya. So many differing experiences - even as diametrically opposed as we've found in our exp of the same two phones.

There IS a reason you landed with iPhone. So your choice speaks volumes. ;-)

Thanks for your thoughts.

pianoman said:
There IS a reason you landed with iPhone. So your choice speaks volumes. ;-)

Thanks for your thoughts.

I did land with the iPhone and I am very happy here and see no reason (as of yet) to go back... But I feel compelled to point out once again that the reason I switched from the Android to the iPhone had NOTHING to do with either phone (good or bad), but rather a 3rd party piece of software that I needed for school.

If the situation were to ever reverse - should I need something for school that was better on the android, I would have no problems whatsoever switching.

I guess I am something of a techno-whore, I have no loyalty except to my own needs (in regards to technology). Whatever device best suits my needs at the moment, that's the one I will go with :)

Take care,
Rob

I did land with the iPhone and I am very happy here and see no reason (as of yet) to go back... But I feel compelled to point out once again that the reason I switched from the Android to the iPhone had NOTHING to do with either phone (good or bad), but rather a 3rd party piece of software that I needed for school.

If the situation were to ever reverse - should I need something for school that was better on the android, I would have no problems whatsoever switching.

I guess I am something of a techno-whore, I have no loyalty except to my own needs (in regards to technology). Whatever device best suits my needs at the moment, that's the one I will go with :)

Take care,
Rob
Yes, I totally get that, Rob. Me too. The Android had nothing I needed and the iOS had everything I needed and functions it had in common with the Android, iOS performed them way better. So for me needed functionality AND performance were both better on iPhone for me after months spent on both. I believe I can "empirically" show iPhone's superiority but that would just be "over the top". I'd be interested to know what daily apps you need. I need my phone for business and it's likely we use different stuff. If you use your Android for Angry Bird and email and text it's probably just as competent as iOS. But I put some pretty heavy load on my SmartPhones. Android couldn't hang. But was WAAAY cool looking!! And very customizable!

Hey pod2g is having a pool about releasing JB or saving the exploits for ios 6 go vote I voted for the wait I would like iOS as fast as possible JB then have to wait but then I again I want JB too lol so go vote

http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.fr/

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

3530 have voted so far.. lol

When the next ios comes along will the found exploits still be valid anyway? so I voted for ASAP

I think pod2g has the Jailbreak ready he's just making us suffer lol.