What's new

Pod2g now has all 5.1 exploits needed and is working on bypassing ASLR

Last post I saw says that it might be months - maybe never.

Either is sucky - but fine (I am happily jailbroken on 5.01, but wouldn't mind being jailbroken on 5.1)

Take care,
Rob

Supahrob said:
Last post I saw says that it might be months - maybe never.

Either is sucky - but fine (I am happily jailbroken on 5.01, but wouldn't mind being jailbroken on 5.1)

Take care,
Rob

I seen the "months" part but the "maybe never" part. No way.lol. That just wouldn't happen. The demand is just too high.

Jmills87 said:
He did say "maybe never" but he was obviously joking. He already has everything he needs for the jailbreak, it would be pointless not to release it now.

https://twitter.com/#!/pod2g/status/194666758601322497

Yeah, I seem the post when I got on twitter today...as I am never and twitter and always see earlier post for a few seconds before the new ones load. I did catch the "maybe never" and even recalled reading it.:p. but like you I knew better.lol.

He said yesterday that it could still be up to a month. I'll be waiting patiently 8)

my phone

GASH said:
He said yesterday that it could still be up to a month. I'll be waiting patiently 8)

my phone

As will we all.

You know, even if I'm never able to jailbreak my iPhone, it's still the best mobile phone I've ever used. And that's saying a lot because I came to iPhone from the developer/rooting side of the android camp. Good job, Apple, good job indeed.

You know, even if I'm never able to jailbreak my iPhone, it's still the best mobile phone I've ever used. And that's saying a lot because I came to iPhone from the developer/rooting side of the android camp. Good job, Apple, good job indeed.
Certainly I agree. But the iPhone stock layout is just so boring - which you wouldn't think of Apple. I will always be jailbroken on iOS so my phone can be unique. That reason alone (tweak-ability) is why the Android platform eventually beat out Apple in market share. 'Cause it certainly wasn't about their OS being better/more stable.. Lol!!

pianoman said:
Certainly I agree. But the iPhone stock layout is just so boring - which you wouldn't think of Apple. I will always be jailbroken on iOS so my phone can be unique. That reason alone (tweak-ability) is why the Android platform eventually beat out Apple in market share. 'Cause it certainly wasn't about their OS being better/more stable.. Lol!!

If I could not jailbreak my iPhone, I would switch to the SGS or something. I just could not use a stock iPhone.lol. I couldn't do it. I've tried.....drives me nuts.lol.

I agree, if it wasn't for jailbreaking, it's safe to say that I would not be an iPhone user. The stock iPhone is good yes, but I am not interested in owning a device that I cannot customize the way I see fit. If I woke up tomorrow and iPhone jailbreaking had been wiped off the face of the Earth, I would switch to Android.

Jmills87 said:
I agree, if it wasn't for jailbreaking, it's safe to say that I would not be an iPhone user. The stock iPhone is good yes, but I am not interested in owning a device that I cannot customize the way I see fit. If I woke up tomorrow and iPhone jailbreaking had been wiped off the face of the Earth, I would switch to Android.

Agreed.lol.

Agreed to an extent. I wonder if either of you (JMills or Zig) have spent any time with Androids. I have. And truly, for stability's sake, you'd be back to boring but STABLE iOS within a week. Android OS feels like a toy compared to iOS and is riddled with instabilities. Its customizability is also its weakness; a weakness you couldn't live with, I assure you. Android is as popular as it is for one reason only: kids. And 10 year old hackers that want free tweaks.

pianoman said:
Agreed to an extent. I wonder if either of you (JMills or Zig) have spent any time with Androids. I have. And truly, for stability's sake, you'd be back to boring but STABLE iOS within a week. Android OS feels like a toy compared to iOS and is riddled with instabilities. Its customizability is also its weakness; a weakness you couldn't live with, I assure you. Android is as popular as it is for one reason only: kids. And 10 year old hackers that want free tweaks.

Some of them can work okay, you just be to keep customization to a minim. Which I have not done a good job at doing lately....but I'm just trying some new stuff.