What's new

Pod2g now has all 5.1 exploits needed and is working on bypassing ASLR

Jmills87,
Thank you for clarifying 8)

my phone

You're welcome, pretty exciting! I jailbroke my friends 4S and she updated to 5.1 not knowing it would remove her jailbreak, she will be quite happy when 0.9.11 is released!

Don't move too quickly. Remind me again what you're upgrading to and how you think you're going to jailbreak. Are you on an iPhone 4 or on the 4S? There is no jailbreak for 5.1 or 5.1.1 on a 4S. You already know that, right?

No I'm good. iPhone4 on 5.1 right now JB thru snowbreeze

If you don't have your blobs or whatever saved and you downgrade whenever this comes out can you jb or? If not what's the point. :(

Aaah not like I knew how to save it hopefully he makes it where you don't need to save them. :)

You will always need to save SHSH in order to downgrade unless someone comes out with a standalone firmware restoration tool(highly unlikely)

So what's the the point in doing this If theres fixing to be a ip4s jb on 5.1? Is this just a easier way of jb if you have your blobs saved and wanna jb before this new 5.1 jb? Confused o_O

my phone

Last edited:
So what's the the point in doing this If theres fixing to be a ip4s jb on 5.1? Is this just a easier way of jb if you have your blobs saved and wanna jb before this new 5.1 jb? Confused o_O

Why are you confused? There's currently no jailbreak for 4S and iPad2 users on 5.1 or 5.1.1 and we have no idea when one will be released, using this new downgrade method they will be able to downgrade back to 5.0.1 and be able to jailbreak.

I know there's currently no jb for 4s on 5.1 or 5.1.1. . Im confused because I thought people were already able to do this process if they had there blobs saved for there 4s. Is this just a easier way to downgrade from 5.1?

my phone

I wish they would do two releases a command line one and a GUI one you know for us that know how to do that stuff
Also I don't get why people do afraid of command line yah ok if you type in something wrong you probably screw up a lot which is why I'm guessing they do the GUI so that people don't complain and blame the devs for their mistake but I mean it is not hard to do command line stuff and I'm sure people would make so many tutorials for it that it would get to the point where you would just need to have the files in a special location and then copy and paste commands

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why are you confused? There's currently no jailbreak for 4S and iPad2 users on 5.1 or 5.1.1 and we have no idea when one will be released, using this new downgrade method they will be able to downgrade back to 5.0.1 and be able to jailbreak.
Is this only if you have the blobs saved?