What's new

Otterbox Defender Story

Great story! My girlfriend and I both have iPhones and we both have Otterbox cases as well. Ita true they are bulky but at least we have a safe peace of mind about our phones being kept safe at all times.

Great story again.

I agree that it is a great case and highly protective. I just think it is like wearing a raincoat in the shower. I LOVE my iPhone and my favorite part is how slim and light it is. I use my Defender if I am hiking or riding mountain bikes but I just do see how you guys can stand it every single day. I respect your opinions though! ;-) please don't think I am just trying to argue. I just love to talk iPhone stuff.

kayakdude said:
I agree that it is a great case and highly protective. I just think it is like wearing a raincoat in the shower. I LOVE my iPhone and my favorite part is how slim and light it is. I use my Defender if I am hiking or riding mountain bikes but I just do see how you guys can stand it every single day. I respect your opinions though! ;-) please don't think I am just trying to argue. I just love to talk iPhone stuff.

Too late I'm pretty offended now.... Jk it's all good man! :D

kayakdude said:

Hahahaha. 

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I searched 'defender case' on YouTube you can see this review -:

Thing i'd be very unhappy about is the massive air bubbles, this don't happen with my Griffen Survivor case due (i assume) the harder lens.

Is it something that sorts itself after a period of use?

Last edited by a moderator:
darkstar2007 said:
I wouldn't know. My case never had those bubbles pop up. :D

Theres another clip on YouTube where a storm chaser lost his phone, later he recovered it covered covered in mud and frost but still working, but the display still had the bubbles as in that clip, mainly around the edges of the screen.

Ther Otterbox for the iPhone 2 is also featured, well worth a watch just for the couple showing the 'easy way' of getting the Otterbox case off lol!. Using FOUR butter knives, two tea tails, and a lot of energy - monty python lives lol!

I had air bubbles with my 3GS using a defender but this issue has been solved with the defender case for the 4s. I have no bubbles at all.

Great story. I havent had anything that extreme nor do I wish it on my device, but its nice to know that my case should be up to the task.