What's new

Otterbox Defender Story

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello forum members and guests,

I just wanted to share a otterbox defender story with you all.

First off, one of my buddies purchased his first iPhone two months ago. He's always been bad about dropping his devices, so I gave him a spare otterbox defender I had.

Well last night we was both leaving work and he'd left his iPhone on the top of his Camaro. While he started down the highway he had heard a couple of loud thumping noises on his roof. It was at this moment, he'd realized he left his phone up there and he was sure it was shattered. He immediately stopped and ran back down the highway to search for his device. When he finally found it in the middle of the highway, the case looked mangled. The silicone was peeled back and the middle hard shell was partially open. When he picked up the device, he noticed the case was ok except for a chip in the bottom of the case next to the speaker. Well believe it or not the iPhone 4 was completely unharmed. Not a single scratch was found on the phone itself.

This amazed the both of us. He was traveling 65 mph down the highway and the phone just flew off and went tumbling all over the road. The case came out fine and more importantly, the iPhone survived without a scratch.

I just thought I'd share this story with the forum, and maybe help a few people out when it comes to deciding on a durable case. :)!

I'll put pictures of the device and case up later tonight! 8)

Thanks for reading!

When we bought our iPhones last Saturday, the salesman quickly suggested the OtterBox Defender cases for our and we chose to purchase them. Reading stories like this just makes us more proud of our decision to go with the Defender cases.

96magnumram said:
When we bought our iPhones last Saturday, the salesman quickly suggested the OtterBox Defender cases for our and we chose to purchase them. Reading stories like this just makes us more proud of our decision to go with the Defender cases.

Glad to hear your happy with your purchase! :)

But it's SO bulky!

I agree, what is the point of having a sexy device if you are going to completely cover it up on layers and layers of unsexy materials,

But I understand if people have butterfingers and are trying to protect it

darkstar2007 said:
Better than having a shattered device! 8)

Yeah, I have one but I hate it. It just takes away from the design of the phone. I even have a Commuter and hate it. I carry it nude. You only live once.

kayakdude said:
Yeah, I have one but I hate it. It just takes away from the design of the phone. I even have a Commuter and hate it. I carry it nude. You only live once.

Well it's all up to user preference :)! Mine stays nude at home, but I put it in the defender at work. That's it though. Any other time it's In a Griffin Etch graphite case (I think that's right), or like I said, nude. :p!

I've been looking at the Element Kevlar line. I might take the plunge and get one of those cases soon.

If your wanting protection, you can't go wrong with the defender. 8)!

Do you keep it in your pocket with the defender or strap it to your belt?

Great story, makes me consider wanting to get an Otterbox. They are everywhere and Im sure for a reason. Ive watched videos and they seem indestructable!
For now I have the lifeproof case and its nice and not too bulky. I dont know that is offers the same drop protection though...

microsnook said:
Great story, makes me consider wanting to get an Otterbox. They are everywhere and Im sure for a reason. Ive watched videos and they seem indestructable!
For now I have the lifeproof case and its nice and not too bulky. I dont know that is offers the same drop protection though...

Well I didn't think the otterbox would protect against a fall like this, which it could've been luck, but it survived! :)

The otter box is one of the high contenders when it comes to protection. Along with the griffin survivor. I really believe it all comes down to the user. My defender case is lonely at the moment. I'm eyeing the mophie juice pack air.