What's new

Lunatik Taktik

Silverado8405

Reaction score
Yesterday the speaker in my 4s decided it no longer wanted to work. Long story short I have a replacement phone and all is good now.

In the life of my phone I've tried more case/protector combos than I care to admit. Between 3 otterboxes (1 commuter and 2 defenders) both types of zagg protectors, a Moshi Xt and the cheap plastic protectors I found a combo I liked. I was using a defender with the built in knocked out and the Moshi underneath. However this combination doesn't provide any dust protection which I firmly believe was a contributing factor in my speaker biting the big one. I work in a foundry which has a lot of airborne dust which happens to be metallic.

With all that in mind I narrowed my choices down to the survivor and the taktik. I have a coworker with the survivor and his only complaints were it collects lint and the camera cover is a pain to get open. After hearing his opinion, and secretly wanting one since the backing started, I've pulled the trigger and bought a Taktik with the gorilla glass upgrade. I'm nervous yet excited at the same time because of how wide it is. It wasn't much wider than the survivor so that was some comfort to me but time will tell. When it arrives sometime this week I'll take pictures and post up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received the case today and have been happily using it. It's in one word, stout. Little more clearance between the bezel and the edge of the screen would be nice but then the gasket channel would have needed to be changed. Love the gorilla glass upgrade to the lens. Takes some getting used to but very nice feel. I have to press a little harder than I think I normally do but my fingers are really dry today so I can't say that it's a permanent thing. Call and sound clarity are very good, no echo effect or noticeable degradation of the sound.

It is a little bulky, much wider than an otterbox but fits surprisingly well in my hand due to the tapered edges. Overall from the hour or so that I've used it, I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10, but will say this case is probably not for everyone given its bulk.

The pics:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358380134.952199.jpg
Insert of the box.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358380179.951398.jpg
Out the box looking at the front.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358380211.241993.jpg
Front cover off, notice the raised gasket seal around the honey comb.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358380331.486561.jpg
Close up of the mute switch, easy to move but may be to easy according to some reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk