What's new

No able get on Wifi network

Azarobi

Reaction score
My wife has an iphone 6s plus. We have a community gym with open Wi-Fi. However there is a pass code gate i.e. you have to login every time by entering the pass code in the browser. I’m an android guy through and through. I have absolutely no issue getting on the gym Wi-Fi. As soon as my phone (S7) detects the signal, it gives me the ‘Login to xxx Wi-Fi’ (see attached screenshot). I click on it, a browser window opens, I enter the pass code and voila. Hail Android.

My wife’s phone however is such a pain (Sorry). It does NOT give ANY kind of prompt. I try to trigger it manually by opening a webpage in safari hoping for the pass-code window to show up, nothing. I don’t know anything about iOS. Is there something I need to do? How do I get the phone to tell me it needs a pass code to get on that particular network?

Attachments

• S7 Wifi Gate screen shot.png
    S7 Wifi Gate screen shot.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 598
Last edited:
Go to Settings - Wi-Fi, and select the connection where you need the passcode. That should open Safari, so that you can enter the code.
Hope that helps.

That is why I recommend Android sometimes. As iPhone is little bit difficult for new users actually (sorry).

If it still doesn't work go to settings-->general-->reset-->reset network settings then scan for available wifi networks

If it still doesn't work go to settings-->general-->reset-->reset network settings then scan for available wifi networks
It would be very inconvenient to forget network settings and scan for available networks every time at the gym. In addition, this also would remove every other network that has been saved (work, at home), and it would be necessary to set them up again as well afterwards.

I get feeling that he must solved his problem before now, just by asking anyone in the gym using an iPhone, how they get connected to the wi-fi there.
Even l found it easy to do in McDonalds one day and l'm 110

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

That is why I recommend Android sometimes. As iPhone is little bit difficult for new users actually (sorry).
Depends really. Some android settings is buried and scattered around, while iPhone is more centralized and straightforward. Heck, one of my Android Phone needed 3 steps to clear recent phone history, and I guarantee it if you never use it before you will need to google it first else you will not know how to do it.

Back to topic, I never find difficulities using WiFi with password everywhere using my iPhone. It will prompt login and pass just like my android if it is required by the AP/Router

"Don't be a derp. Use TWRP!"