What's new

Given iphone That is Disabled 20 Million Minutes

inkstaind

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for your help.

My daughter, who has been bugging the hell out of me for an iphone had one given to her by a friend of the family. It's disabled for 22 million minutes. I'm trying to figure this thing out which would make my daughter happy but maybe not as happy as me since I won't have to spend money I don't have, lol. Anyways, I've found solutions but the problem here is since I downloaded itunes it's asking for a pass code cuz the phone is locked. It says to enter pass code but I can't get to where to enter the code, it's only giving me "emergency calls" option. I've tried getting to the restore menu by holding down the power and home button, doesn't work, puts me right back where I started. I thought about jailbreaking it but all I know is that it is supposedly a 3g. I can't get in ofcourse to see the firmware and verify. I guess I could go to my buddies house, it was his daughters phone, and try a trick plugging in to her itunes to reset/restore but this phone is a couple years old now and she has gone through a couple more iphones since. I'm imagining her itunes won't recognize her old phone? Hopefully this is all making sense, sorry.

Thanks again for any advice

Someone has to know? Looked at all the vid's on youtube but this one just keeps saying on itunes "soandso" iphone is locked, and then I'm right back to iphone disabled try again after 22000000 minutes.

Turn the phone off, open iTunes, hold the Home button On iPhone while pluging it into the computer.

download tiny umbrella. it's a very useful utility and it will probably recognize and display the iphone's model and iOS firmware.
if not, there's option to go in/out of recovery mode. that will probably help you.
if not, download recboot another utility that puts you in/out recovery & DFU mode . you just need to get out of the loop you're in so you can jailbreak or restore that unit.

Turn off your iPhone and hold the home button while you connect it to your computer. It will show up as a device in recovery mode and restore from there.

Turn off your iPhone and hold the home button while you connect it to your computer. It will show up as a device in recovery mode and restore from there.

This does not work on this unit, I've tried it atleast 5 times. An error will come up in itunes saying "graces" phone is locked and the pass code needs to be entered, but because of the 22,000,000 minutes error there is no way to enter the pass code.

Turn it off plug it in and hold power and home together for 10 seconds then let go of power only keeping the home button held till itunes detects restore mode.

Turn it off plug it in and hold power and home together for 10 seconds then let go of power only keeping the home button held till itunes detects restore mode.

Just tried that 3 times, still the same thing.

download tiny umbrella. it's a very useful utility and it will probably recognize and display the iphone's model and iOS firmware.
if not, there's option to go in/out of recovery mode. that will probably help you.
if not, download recboot another utility that puts you in/out recovery & DFU mode . you just need to get out of the loop you're in so you can jailbreak or restore that unit.

This thing is drivin' me nuts. Nothing gets me past the "itunes cannot connect to iphone "graces phone" because it is locked with a passcode". I dowloaded tinyumbrella but nothing is happening there either.

inkstaind said:
This thing is drivin' me nuts. Nothing gets me past the "itunes cannot connect to iphone "graces phone" because it is locked with a passcode". I dowloaded tinyumbrella but nothing is happening there either.

I would watch a YouTube video on how to enter DFU mode..this way you know you are entering DFU mode properly.

Doesn't matter if the phone is on a boot loop, or respring loop, or a recovery loop.

And iPhone can *always* enter DFU mode provided it does not have a physical problem.

If you cannot enter DFU mode in any way..then the phone is physically broken some how.

I would watch a YouTube video on how to enter DFU mode..this way you know you are entering DFU mode properly.

Doesn't matter if the phone is on a boot loop, or respring loop, or a recovery loop.

And iPhone can *always* enter DFU mode provided it does not have a physical problem.

If you cannot enter DFU mode in any way..then the phone is physically broken some how.

Yeah, this sucks, apparently it's busted. I've watched the video on youtube, taken your advice, and no matter how many times I try it just won't go into DFU mode.

With redn0w it won't work to use another firmware than what you have installed. Did tiny umbrella display any info at all? The latest redsn0w should auto-detect firmware version

Last edited: