What's new

New to Iphone 5, few questions

thrgk

Reaction score
Hey, so i 100% need USB tethering from Iphone to desktop, and I know you have to be jailbroke to get that correct? I will be buying a verizon iphone 5 and was wondering, i know there is no jailbreaking yet for IOS6, so if i stay IOS 5, and jailbreak, and wait for a jailbreak for IOS6, can i update through itunes my iphone even if jailbroke? and it will just take the jailbreak away right?

PDANET is the only usb tethering i see for iphone to tether and share internet with PC, if anyone has a better one plz let me know!

Your iPhone 5 will come with iOS 6 not 5

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

mojosodope said:
Your iPhone 5 will come with iOS 6 not 5

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Correct, the iPhone 5 was released just after the release of iOS 6. No iPhone 5 was sold with any iOS version lower than iOS 6.

Tethering applications do not work on iOS 6 anyways. It'll either safe mode loop your iPhone or deactivate it. It'll work when it's deactivated, but you can change the controls when you're deactivated and you won't have signal when you're deactivated, so it doesn't work.

ok, so on iphone 5 how do i tether then?

do i need to buy this to jailbreak ?

.....….……….................

or is it usually free somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
do i need to buy this to jailbreak ?

.....….……….................

or is it usually free somewhere?

Jailbreaks WILL ALWAYS be free. Do not pay for a Jailbreak. Besides... there isn't a Jailbreak available for the iPhone 5.

no? is there a way to tether to my computer to use the phones internet without jailbreak?

thrgk said:
no? is there a way to tether to my computer to use the phones internet without jailbreak?

Yes there is, but you have to get your cellular carrier to activate it before it will work. Some carriers charge a fee for tethering.

does verizon? I have unlimited data with vzw

wont this work?

Last edited by a moderator: