What's new

new I phone user - from blackberry

sue ewing

Reaction score
This has been my first full day with my new IPhone. So far so good!!

Hubby has a droid but I just haven't been impressed with it so decided to get the Iphone instead.

I hope to learn about what all I can do on this phone with the verizon network so advise and suggestions are welcome.

Sue

Welcome to the forum. You've made a good choice by giving yourself a powerfull iDevice. Stay connected on the forum and you will see 1000 of things tweaks and tips you can do with/on your new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried to get free apps and I keep getting a message that Paypal is not supported on this device. To manage or change your payment method. You must verify your payment info before you can make purchases.

I have gone to the Apple store and put my credit card in for my payment method. However since what I am trying to download is free how do I change my settings.

I have powered off the phone and turned it back on after the apple store update and I still get the same message.

I have searched and don't know where to get the info I need.

Thanks.
Sue

You need to do this right from your iphone.
here you might want to try to follow the following pictures carefully and in order one after the other:

dcb58f4a-3762-3318.jpg

make sure you are not login with any other account.

dcb58f4a-377e-ef95.jpg

choose any free application you want.

dcb58f4a-3792-52eb.jpg

click on "free"

dcb58f4a-37a6-427e.jpg

at the pop up choose to create a new id.

dcb58f4a-37ba-d121.jpg

choose any country you might want to use to download free applications from in the list that show up upon touching the name of the default country you see there, in my case i choose Russia. Note that some application might be available in the America application store and might not be available in the Uk application store and vise versa for all countries

dcb58f4a-37d5-9a9d.jpg

Click on "agree"

dcb58f4a-37f6-33f9.jpg

At the pop up click again on "agree"

dcb58f4a-3821-7829.jpg

Properly fill up the form with correct information and more importantly, use an email that has never been use with itune's account before. Then click on " next"

dcb58f4a-38aa-25a1.jpg

Here comes your payment method, click on the visa and you should see the following

dcb58f4a-38e4-4e81.jpg

All possible payment methods including the none at the bottum.

dcb58f4a-3910-7850.jpg

Select "none" and click next.

dcb58f4a-3965-8b61.jpg

Provide proper informations and follow the instruction and that's it.
Once your account is created you can use it on your itune on your computer and everywhere you want.
Good luck.

hello sue and welcome to the forum! i see by the posts bab is being help full :)

good choice with the iphone!