What's new

New Apple User

AFMasterSergeant

Reaction score
Greetings,

I just picked up a new iPhone 5 and this is my first apple device. I've been an Android user for the last 5 years and I began desperately seeking a new change, and what a welcoming change I've encountered with the iPhone 5. I'm shockingly impressed so far, granted only 3 days in...but everything I disliked about Android, I love about Apple. I hope to use this forum just to browse for information, but I know I have a lot of experts ready to offer up information and advice which I'm thankful for.

Welcome to the Forum. I'm a long time Android person myself, but a lot of that had to do with my provider. The iPhone 5 was the phone that convinced me to give up my Bionic.

Motorola Droids are good phones, there is just too many people building Android IMHO. I like that everything is in house. I'm enjoying my new iPad right now, this is my third one. I like Mac computers although right now I'm running Windows (disaster!).

Nice to have you here.

Hook,

Thanks for the welcome...I always used HTC phones versus Motorola, Samsung, LG etc. I think the devices were fine, I especially liked the sense UI, but I think the open market causes a lot of bugs within the system. The more apps and widgets I added, the more unstable the device would be. That's what I hate about Android, but Apple definitely has it right IMO keeping the system closed. Again thanks for the welcome!

Hi, and welcome, MSgt from another (ret.) AF member. Your comments are very interesting because I'm considering an upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S3 (or 4 later) versus the iPhone 5. I've had the iPhone 4 for the past 2 years and it's been OK, except for the iTunes fiascoes I've encountered and difficulties with transferring photos, ringtones, videos, etc to/from my PC to/from the iPhone. I'm thinking an Android phone would be more user-friendly in that respect. It will probably be a spur-of-the-moment decision. Anyway, congrats on your new device!

I am also a previous android user! I switched to the iPhone 4s And now I have a 5! I love it and now I will never go back!

Welcome aboard!!

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Hi, and welcome, MSgt from another (ret.) AF member. Your comments are very interesting because I'm considering an upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S3 (or 4 later) versus the iPhone 5. I've had the iPhone 4 for the past 2 years and it's been OK, except for the iTunes fiascoes I've encountered and difficulties with transferring photos, ringtones, videos, etc to/from my PC to/from the iPhone. I'm thinking an Android phone would be more user-friendly in that respect. It will probably be a spur-of-the-moment decision. Anyway, congrats on your new device!

EWyatt,

Thanks for the welcome! I seriously considered getting an Samsung GS3 because I've always been an Android user, but I'm happy that I didn't, (so far). The things I loved about Android, I can live without such as the customization, the fact you can expand memory on most devices, the cost compared to Apple products and the simple fact that I'm not nickel an dimed for everything like Apple seems to do its users. However, I don't miss the bugs I had with all my Android devices. I noticed that the more apps/widgets I added, the more unstable my device became. I also noticed that Android doesn't work as well with everything like apple does. I feel Apple just works with everything and very harmoniously I might add. I can easily sync my iphone with my vehicle bluetooth, computer and other electronics and it works very well. As a new Apple iphone 5 user, I found the device to be simple to use. I haven't tooled around with iTunes very much other than transfer my music from my computer to itunes which wasn't as complicated as I thought, even though it was a bit tedious. This is what I've experienced so far in the 6 days I've owned my iphone. Perhaps once I get deeper in the weeds with it, I may either like it more or less. But I'm happy with it so far, plus I think it's a well made device and looks very sleek, something I would be happy with for the next 2+ years. I don't know if it's just me, but I got tired of the Android device I had after about 6 months and wanted a new one because of the new features Android is continually putting out there. Since Apple is a bit different in that regard, I will probably not feel that way. Anyway, sorry for the long read, but I thought I'd put that out there.

Cheers

its good that you are impressed with the device .just wanna know about what all you dislike about andriod and still sticked to it for 5 years

anvikapur,

Please read my comments to Ewyatt, and I think you'll get a good feel for why I like my iPhone compared to the Android devices I've had.

I am also a previous android user! I switched to the iPhone 4s And now I have a 5! I love it and now I will never go back!

Welcome aboard!!

~iPhoneMommy~

iPhoneMommy,

I kinda feel the same way you do, but only time will tell. So far I'm very impressed with my iPhone and don't think I can go back or would go back. What did you like and dislike about Android, let's see if there's a theme with people switching from Android to iPhone...

I always had to pull batteries with my android devices and it was hard to find good games for our 3yo. Especially Disney stuff. I switched to iPhone just to give it a try and I ended up loving it. It's ease of use no nonsense function. I tried to go back and got the S3 and I was very disappointed. The only thing I loved was the wider screen. I live the camera on the iPhone better and how it has instant editing (no extra apps needed). Plus I recently got rid of my desktop PC and went with a MacBook and I love the ease of use between the two. I have an old iPod touch my daughter uses and I can put the games on it easily.

There are too many things I love more than android. I'm turning Mac so it's just completing my circle LoL

Sorry. That was a lot of random Babble :)

~iPhoneMommy~