What's new

New VZW iPhone user, coming from Droid

Dave12308

Reaction score
Picked up my iPhone 4 on Thursday, so far so good. Coming from the Motorola Droid; I was into the dev scene with that phone and had reflashed it so many times it was wearing out. So I had to get a new phone and decided on the iPhone. I'm into gaming and the Android ports of popular iOS games from Gameloft just weren't cutting it for me, and since i'd already bought the iOS versions for my iPod Touch; I figured why not get a new phone that allows me to do away with the iPod. So here I am.

Very impressive phone to say the least. I knew the limitations of the OS vs. Android going into it since I was an iPod Touch user and was willing to deal with them. Since the only widget I used was a home screen clock with weather, the little weather app on the iPhone works just as well.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say "Hi" as a new user of these forums. If any of you have come from the Droid you might recognize me from Droidforums.

Welcome! There are a lot of former Droid folks here so you'll be very comfortable. Enjoy you time on the Forum.

Mike

Welcome,

Have you thought about jailbreaking your phone? If you do you can get all sorts of weather widgets on your lockscreen or even your springboard...

Welcome,

Have you thought about jailbreaking your phone? If you do you can get all sorts of weather widgets on your lockscreen or even your springboard...

Already been done, about 30 seconds after I got it home *LOL* Might mess with the customization at some point but currently, I don't miss it all that much. The interface reminds me of the Android app drawer, which is usually how I launched apps, anyways.

EDIT: One thing i've noticed, RF-wise this thing seems rock solid, even better than my Droid. And the wifi isn't flaky with my router, I can actually use DHCP.