What's new

Need help!!!!

danielcrs1

Reaction score
keep getting stuck at the same point while trying to jailbreak. every time i download the firmware (4.3.3 3GS) it comes in a compressed file, once opened, none are ipsw files and as such redsnow will not read them. how do i get round this??

The firmware that you are downloading from Apple should be an ipsw file. You shouldn't open the ipsw with anything but redsnow or iTunes.

When you have downloaded the ipsw file, which is about 650mb, you should open redsnow and click Browse, and point it to that file. It will read the file and do what it needs to do.

keep getting stuck at the same point while trying to jailbreak. every time i download the firmware (4.3.3 3GS) it comes in a compressed file, once opened, none are ipsw files and as such redsnow will not read them. how do i get round this??

Change the .zip extention to .ipsw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

craigfoot said:
The firmware that you are downloading from Apple should be an ipsw file. You shouldn't open the ipsw with anything but redsnow or iTunes.

When you have downloaded the ipsw file, which is about 650mb, you should open redsnow and click Browse, and point it to that file. It will read the file and do what it needs to do.

Yeah I keep trying that as well but redsnow doesn't recognise the file as it is so it doesn't even show up on the browse menu. ????

bab2010 said:

How do I go about changing the extension. Was trying to but don't really have a clue how to.

bab2010 said:

How do I go about changing the extension. Was trying to but don't really have a clue how to.

To be able to change files extentions on your computer, open any folder "my computer" folder for exemple, down of the menu bar on top left you can clic
organize >folder >search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show files extention" when that's done go to where u have stored your ipsw file, u will see that near the label name of that file is an extentio .rar or .zip or .iso etc... Change that extention into .ipsw

Pay someone to do what you can't....

It's easy and anyone can do it. There is no need to go spend money for everything one can't do, and that's why this forum exist. To HELP each others. Not to tell to each others to go pay someone if he/her doesn't know HOW TO.

bab2010 said:
It's easy and anyone can do it. There is no need to go spend money for everything one can't do, and that's why this forum exist. To HELP each others. Not to tell to each others to go pay someone if he/her doesn't know HOW TO.

GREAT. finally, it worked perfectly. So simple but just didn't know how. Thank a lot. So chuffed.

bab2010 said:

GREAT. finally, it worked perfectly. So simple but just didn't know how. Thank a lot. So chuffed.

Great to hear that.