What's new

Jailbreak help please

OJsakila

Reaction score
Ok I'm trying to jailbreak my new (this week) white iphone 4 runng on 4.3.3. I'm going to use the guide here with redsnow but I seem to be having an incredible time getting the restore firmware downloaded. I get a winwar zip file but the iswp is not there. I never see the little "cube" that represents the restore file... I cant find where itunes hides it on my computer or I would just use that..that would work too, right?
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I'm running a 64x vista machine

The file you downloaded is the ipsw file. Winrar just recognises them as zip files as they are compressed. Dont try to unzip them.

If you want the one iTunes has already downloaded you will need to enable hidden folders via the folder options in your control panel and then go here...

On Windows Vista/Windows 7:
Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software

The file you downloaded is the ipsw file. Winrar just recognises them as zip files as they are compressed. Dont try to unzip them.

If you want the one iTunes has already downloaded you will need to enable hidden folders via the folder options in your control panel and then go here...

On Windows Vista/Windows 7:
Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software

OOOK. Now I see. Thanks. I'll give an update shortly while I figure this out..

or just right click the zip file that you got and rename the (.zip) to (.ipsw) that all i do hope this helps

UPDATE:

Thanks guys. I'm now officially jailbroken! Yippee! Hunting down the file thru windows that itunes already downloaded for me was the trick. Thanks.

I did find out that if I use my firefox browser the file downloads into that "cube" perfectly...maybe that will help someone in the future..

Thanks again as I'll be spending the rest of tonight tricking this puppy out! :)