What's new

Re-Jailbreak problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudie

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 4.3.5 (8L1) 04.10.01 thats tethered jailbroke using redsnow.

I want to upgrade to 5.0.1 so i can be untethered using redsnow again but get the 3192 error in iTunes when trying to upgrade.

I have downloaded the firmware (renamed .zip to .ipsw), pressed Shift and Restore and selected the file.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance.

You can't use that method to install 5.0.1 on an iPhone4 since 5.0.1 blobs do not work the same way as their 4.x counterparts.

Your only option is to use your blobs to build a pre-signed custom firmware for 5.0.1 using redsn0w or sn0wbreeze and restore it using pwned DFU mode.

To do this you MUST have 5.0.1 blobs for your iPhone4. Without them it is impossible.

You can find the options to do this in redsn0w under Extras > SHSH blobs.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure of the process, is there a tutorial for it?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure of the process, is there a tutorial for it?

Just download Tiny Umbrella. Google it. It wont be hard to find the official site.

Save it to your desktop.

Plug in iPhone and open Tiny Umbrella, and click the "Save SHSH" button.

If iOS 5.0.1 shows up in the list in the white box(and I'm sure it will) then you can in fact restore to iOS 5.0.1

Now download Sn0wbreeze or iFaith. Redsn0w works too, but I don't recommend it for this particular procedure.

If you want your device pre-jailbroken, or need to activate the phone during the restore process then use Sn0wbreeze.

Download the 5.0.1 IPSW for your device model

I forgot to mention that if you modified your host file then it will never work no matter what. If you did modify your host file then change it back immeditely before attempting to restore.

Under no circumstances should you ever ever ever ever ever ever (did I mention under no circumstances?) modify the host file. that was needed at one poin t in time, but that strategy is dead and will never be needed again.

WARNING: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU DOWNLOAD THE IPSW FROM INTERNET EXPLORER. THEY WILL NOT WORK. YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE IPSW FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX(best browser for jailbreak tool) OR GOOGLE CHROME. DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM IE!

Okay. Now save the IPSW to your desktop.

Open whichever tool you chose to create the custom IPSW.

Pretty easy, click browse and locate the IPSW, then click browse again and locate SHSH blobs (Tiny Umbrella tell you where SHSH are stored in the "Advanced" tab).

If you chose Sn0wbreeze, then you MUST choose "iFaith Mode". If you do not choose iFaith mode then you will not be able to select your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs. iFaith "requires" you to select SHSH blobs to even build a signed IPSW.

Once your IPSW is built, it will automatically save to your desktop.

When the IPSW is done being built either tool will present you with a screen to enter PWNED DFU mode. You must enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB when restoring to *any* custom IPSW.

iREB is located within Sn0wbreeze, iFaith, and redsn0w, or you can download the standalone version from ih8sn0w.com

Once you get a success message saying you have successfully entered PWNED DFU mode, then close the tool, and open iTunes.

Simply shift+restore to the custom IPSW built with your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs and iTunes will not even have to verify the IPSW, the restore will start rite away, and it is twice as fast as restoring to a stock IPSW(where iTunes would contact Apple check the signing status of the IPSW).

DO NOT RESTORE FROM BACKUP, and you should be just fine.

I am sure you want to restore from backup........But you have been warned.....iOS 5 is just too damn different then iOS 4, and since you iPhone is jailbroken(meaning you would restore from a jailbroken backup) then it is definitely a way way bad idea to restore from a backup of any kind. It sucks, but your gonna have to deal with that if you want to fully enjoy a jailbroken iPhone on iOS 5.0.1

Last edited:
Hi, i only have in tiny umbrella:

4.3.5 and 5.1

Hi, i only have in tiny umbrella:

4.3.5 and 5.1

Okay. You are jailbroken ow aren't you? If you are you can see what SHSH you have from opening Cydia and looking at the top of the home page beside "SHSH:"

Sometimes TU won't show the SHSH you have, and have to play with it a little. click on the "Advanced" tab and make sure sure all boxes are checked, and click the "Save SHSH" button again. Also try to use redsn0w to recover your SHSH blobs too. They might be there ya never know.

However if you cannot get your 5.0.1 SHSH then you can still semi-tether jailbreak iOS 5.1....And the jailbreak is very stable........as tethered jailbreaks are usually more stable then untethered ones anyway.

I would recommend you upgrade to iOS 5.1 via a a Sn0wbreeze iPSW if you cannot retrieve 5.0.1 SHSH blobs.

This is why:

With iOS 4 tethered jailbreaks you cannot reboot your iPhone when you are away from your computer at all or you will be stuck at the Apple logo. Tho I'm sure you know that.lol

However iOS 5 is not like that. With a tethered jailbreak on iOS 5 you can always reboot your iPhone no matter what.and it will work. When you reboot a tethered jailbroken iPhone on iOS 5.1 it will reboot into a none-jailbroken state. In this none-jailbroken state you can use apps, surf the web, make/receive calls, send/receive SMS/MMS.........

But while you are in this state, you cannot use Cydia, anything from Cydia, or Safari. Tho you can use a different web browser from the App Store. I really like Yandex Opera Mini, Atomic Web Browser, and Google Search.

You will not gain back the fully functionality of the jailbreak until you boot tethered. Is that not better then a tethered jailbreak on iOS 4 or what? Once you install Mobile Substrate(which almost every tweak needs to work) your phone becomes "semi-tethered". So at least if you are away from home, and you must reboot your phone..........you can reboot your phone and use it normally........you just cannot use anything Cydia related......Not that bad compared to tethered jailbreaks on iOS 4.

If you decide to tether jailbreak iOS 5.1, I recommend you add this repo: "thebiggboss.org/semitether" and install the Semi-Tether package from that repo. This package can patch Safari so you can use it in the none-jailbroken state, and allows you to "reapply" the semi-tether to ensure your phone does not go into a respring loop when booted away from a computer. Every time you think you need to reboot, just open the Semi-Tether app, if the box is green you are good to reboot, if the box is red, then tap the "reapply" button, you will be safe to reboot. I personally never used the package and I always booted up just fine into a none-jailbroken state.

So if you ask me, it would be crazy to not update to 5.1 and have a semi-tethered jailbreak........instead of staying on iOS 4 where you can never reboot your phone unless you are near a computer with redsn0w.......At least iOS 5 tethered jailbreaks allow you to reboot and use your iPhone no matter what, should you find yourself in an emergency situation where you must reboot your phone..

I'm just sayin.......Would you rather be stranded on the high way broken down with an iOS 4 tethered jailbroken iPhone...........or an iOS 5 semi-tethered jailbroken iPhone?

Like I said...........Just sayin'.

hi mate, yes im currently JB wit redsnow tethered on 4.3.5.

The 5.1 JB sounds good i think i'll try that one...

so do i just update to 5.1 with itunes and then jb with snowbreeze?

or do i update to 5.1 using snowbreeze?

Rudie said:
hi mate, yes im currently JB wit redsnow tethered on 4.3.5.

The 5.1 JB sounds good i think i'll try that one...

so do i just update to 5.1 with itunes and then jb with snowbreeze?

or do i update to 5.1 using snowbreeze?

Yes...update to 5.1 with a Sn0wbreeze.

Sn0wbreeze creates an iPSW that is already jailbroken.

Remember to save SHSH blobs always.

InkedAdrenaline said:
Got mine saved just now, thanks for the help earlier Zig!!

Yup. And also remember that you must ALWAYS enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB before restoring to "any" custom iPSW. Does not matter which tool you use to make an iPSW, you must always enter PWNED DFU or you will keep getting 1600 type errors.

Yup. And also remember that you must ALWAYS enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB before restoring to "any" custom iPSW. Does not matter which tool you use to make an iPSW, you must always enter PWNED DFU or you will keep getting 1600 type errors.

Yes, thanks.

Hi,
Ive only just got round to doing this. Which mode do i select in Snowbreeze for a 5.1 update? im already JB at 4.3.5 tethered...

Rudie said:
Hi,
Ive only just got round to doing this. Which mode do i select in Snowbreeze for a 5.1 update? im already JB at 4.3.5 tethered...

Wow...why would you not update to iOS 5?LOL.

Any way...are you sure up want to go to 5.1 or 5.1.1? It's still a tethered jailbreak.

And if you were jailbroken while iOS 5.0.1 was being signed then you will most likely have 5.0.1 blobs.

And to answer your question you have to select "iFaith Mode" then select your 5.1 SHSH blobs.

Tho restoring to 5.1 is completely pointless. If your going to restore to another tethered jailbreak you might as well just restore to 5.1.1....not 5.1

And of you want am untethers jailbreak then up should restore to 5.0.1.

Thanks. Will try this later. Im not sure if I have a JB unlock, so will iFaith update my BB and potentially lose my unlock?

Status
Not open for further replies.