What's new

Re-Jailbreak problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Will try this later. Im not sure if I have a JB unlock, so will iFaith update my BB and potentially lose my unlock?
If you're relying on a specific BB for Unlocking purposes... be sure that you're updating to a custom IPSW w/ the BB preservation option selected while it was being created.

Rudie said:
Thanks. Will try this later. Im not sure if I have a JB unlock, so will iFaith update my BB and potentially lose my unlock?

No. Sn0wbreeze nor iFaith will "always" preserve your baseband. It states that within the application.

With Sn0wbreeze, ALL modes preserve baseband. The only difference between Baseband Preservation Mode and the other 2 is the other 2 will jailbreak AND preserve baseband...but Baseband Preservation Mode ONLY preserves baseband and will not jailbreak.

Last edited:
Yup. Jmills said it more accurately.

Any custom iPSW preserves baseband.

Except I am not 100% sure if a Redsn0w iPSW stitched with SHSH blobs preserves baseband.

I just don't know about that, since redsn0w has a second option to make no no BB iPSW's.

Except I am not 100% sure if a Redsn0w iPSW stitched with SHSH blobs preserves baseband.

It depends on what firmware you stitched your blobs into, if you stitched them into a stock firmware, I believe that it would update your baseband since the firmware is technically still stock. However, if you create a prejailbroken or No BB firmware and stitch your blobs into that, your baseband will be preserved.

Jmills87 said:
It depends on what firmware you stitched your blobs into, if you stitched them into a stock firmware, I believe that it would update your baseband since the firmware is technically still stock. However, if you create a prejailbroken or No BB firmware and stitch your blobs into that, your baseband will be preserved.

Okay. So you can stitch blobs into a custom redsn0w no BB iPSW?

Jmills87 said:
Yep, I've done it before for a friend who didn't have an internet connection(no way to validate the restore)

That's pretty cool. Pretty sure that redsn0w is the first tool that can modify an iPSW that was already modified.lol.

thanks for the updates. so is there no way to recover Contacts, photos, etc from a backup taken at 4.3.5?

Rudie said:
thanks for the updates. so is there no way to recover Contacts, photos, etc from a backup taken at 4.3.5?

iTools.

Status
Not open for further replies.