What's new

Multiple Errors when updating iPhone for Jailbreaking :(

MikeCorruption

Reaction score
Hey guys, i woke up yesterday morning with joy on my face after i had found out that the jailbreak for iOS5 had been released, but i have encountered several errors over the course of the update so i will tell you the story from the start.

my iPhone
OS version - 4.3.5
Firmware/Baseband - 04.10.01

First of all i thought i would save my SHSH files just incase i disliked the iOS5 update, because you never know, well i used iFaith to do this and all was going well but it got to the stage where it was searching my phone for the SHSH files and the application on my pc crashed, after it had crashed my iPhone was stuck with the iFaith credits on the screen (looks like code from Command Prompt) so i thought id best hold down the power button and get it out of that, it then rebooted into Recovery Mode (usb cable and itunes logo) so then i paniced and tried a restore with 4.3.5 which failed with Error 3194, i then thought i would restore it without a custom IPSW and that failed with Error 21 BUT rebooted my phone back to normal, as in it was turned on and i could access my messages, apps and make calls etc.

After that i connected it back up and turned on iTunes and used the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW that i had downloaded (was from the "iClarify guide to jailbreaking iOS5" page, i then pressed shift and clicked restore and selected the IPSW file, it came up with Error 3194, so i researched the error and found a guide on this forum about it, i tried the guide and success, but i now got an Error 21, and since then i am stuck :( any help would be amazing

Thanks

Do you have your hosts pointing to Cydia? Install TinyUmbrella (another SHSH fetcher) and check the option to have them set to Cydia. This is essential for restoring with an ISPW that is no longer signed, and probably also for a custom IPSW. iTunes requests verification from Apple normally, which will be rejected in either of these cases. The hosts must point to Cydia, which tricks iTunes by intercepting the request and sending verification.

3194 usually indicates that your iTunes is outdated. Don't worry about 4.3.5 SHSH no point in saving that since there was only a tethered jailbreak on that firmware. Just update your iTunes, restore a 5.0.1 firmware and use redsn0w to jailbreak untethered.

iTunes was out dated :') i was running 10.3 and attempting to install iOS5 so obviously it wouldnt work, i installed 10.5 and now it is all working fine and the jailbreak was flawless, but yes good point about the 4.3.5 SHSH , i didnt save them in the end :D