What's new

Lifeproof case

Just got a replacement case for my 5 and it works flawlessly I love it.

This case is rubbish....My friend dropped her iphone 4s in this case from waist high. and it shattered the back.. NO protection period!!

Rubbish!! Rubbish!! Rubbish!!

Last edited:
This case is rubbish....My friend dropped her iphone 4s in this case from waist high. and it shattered the back.. NO protection period!!

Rubbish!! Rubbish!! Rubbish!!

I don't see how I've dropped my iPhone 4S (white) higher then 6' high while bored and tossing my phone up. It's been dropped quite a few times from various heights and on different spots of the phone. Now the life proof isn't exactly a shock proof case like the otter box cause its more for being as slim as possible while also being waterproof.

Her phone shattered like a ping-pong ball on a pool table.. Drop yours video tape it to prove it's not damaged...

I have read almost ever post in this thread and its a lot if two way opinions so is this case actually worth the price tag?

Her phone shattered like a ping-pong ball on a pool table.. Drop yours video tape it to prove it's not damaged...

Honestly I don't have to prove anything to anyone. My life proof case even has a crack in the top by the headphone jack cause I dropped it when standing up cause I forgot it was in my lap. My phone does randomly get dropped from different heights and I have yet to crack either glass. So I don't know what your friend did but she must have slammed it down when she got mad whether she wants to admit to it or not.

Wheeler: I think it's proven it's worth. As a sportbike rider it keeps my phone dry when I get caught in the rain (even with the crack at the top of the case) and it helps protect my phone from dropping regardless what others say. I've had my phone in this case since day 1 and I'm coming up on my 2 year end with sprint. Not a scratch, crack or defect. I think it's worth the $35 cause that's usually what a new glass and digitizer costs if cracked or worse if the phone gets soaked and stops working.

Honestly I don't have to prove anything to anyone. My life proof case even has a crack in the top by the headphone jack cause I dropped it when standing up cause I forgot it was in my lap. My phone does randomly get dropped from different heights and I have yet to crack either glass. So I don't know what your friend did but she must have slammed it down when she got mad whether she wants to admit to it or not.

Wheeler: I think it's proven it's worth. As a sportbike rider it keeps my phone dry when I get caught in the rain (even with the crack at the top of the case) and it helps protect my phone from dropping regardless what others say. I've had my phone in this case since day 1 and I'm coming up on my 2 year end with sprint. Not a scratch, crack or defect. I think it's worth the $35 cause that's usually what a new glass and digitizer costs if cracked or worse if the phone gets soaked and stops working.

Thank you for your input I went out and just bought a red one at Walmart yesterday and I can say it was 85 bucks well spent

Does anyone know why when I use my IPhone 4S with the lifeproof case underwater I cannot touch the screen??

Does anyone know why when I use my IPhone 4S with the lifeproof case underwater I cannot touch the screen??

Because it's a capacitive touch screen and won't respond to your finger underwater.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk