What's new

Lifeproof case

Are you positive it will still work underwater? whats the point of the strip if it can simply be removed..like it must be there for a reason right? does it void the warranty once you remove the strip? someone please help me im considering returning the case because any imperfections such as the rainbow air pockets make me irritated and i have to take the case off and back on several times. pleease someone help

Are you positive it will still work underwater? whats the point of the strip if it can simply be removed..like it must be there for a reason right? does it void the warranty once you remove the strip? someone please help me im considering returning the case because any imperfections such as the rainbow air pockets make me irritated and i have to take the case off and back on several times. pleease someone help...i registered with this damn forum just to get answers theres no other help any where else and youtubes help sucks

sean76034 said:
Are you positive it will still work underwater? whats the point of the strip if it can simply be removed..like it must be there for a reason right? does it void the warranty once you remove the strip? someone please help me im considering returning the case because any imperfections such as the rainbow air pockets make me irritated and i have to take the case off and back on several times. pleease someone help...i registered with this damn forum just to get answers theres no other help any where else and youtubes help sucks

Acutely it did and it's still fully functional. The strips are very pointless I think it's to give the screen some space but I found it easy just remove them I decided just to fill up my sink and put it in it was really a 50/50 chance if it would break or not and it didn't so now I know then strips are essentially pointless hope this helps

Calm down my friend, we are all iPhone enthusiast same as you, but we have loves outside of here. Given that, some one from the membership will answer you when time permits, but it may take time.

I took off the strip on the inside of the front part of the case. i used some goo gone to remove the adhesive. but be careful because it will damage any other plastics i.e at the bottom where the speaker vents there are real delicate plastics. i used q-tips. i advise be very careful because the adhesive for the strip is real sticky and will stick to the screen. it took me about half an hour to get everything off and the screen cleaned. i then let it dry and washed it with dish soap and rinsed it off real good. then i did the water test for an hour. and nothing leaked. now it doesnt have that big bulge at the top by the earpiece and camera and the proximity seems to work a lot better. im guessing that is the main reason the proximity sensor doesnt work real well because of that strip keeping it to far from the face.

all in all it is a great case for minimal water exposure but i wouldnt throw it in a pool. i have rinsed it off real quick but that is about the extent of getting it wet while my phone is in the case.

ah im just irritated with the air pockets...didnt think i would have to make one of these just to get help, but i am indeed calm and sorry for seeming non-calm haha..

thank you for the info/help but after realizing what strips i would have to remove i realized their only on the iphone 4 or 4s lifeproof case. i have the lifeproof fre case for iphone 5 and there are no strips on the sides only on the top where the front camera is. but then again thank you for the help and sorry for waisting your time

Hey guys,

Just bought my Lifeproof Fre White from an online store in Malaysia. I think I might have a defect probably?? According to the reseller it's original, has all the serial number on the back & front inside the cases.

Well here's the case, after leak test I installed it & notice around the earpiece, there's no rubber insulation surrounding it. Only a piece of plastic thing around the sensor & when installed there's a bulge in front near the earpiece. I did some research & found pics & videos & found that all of them has the rubber insulation thingy surrounding the earpiece, sensor, front cam, etc. I sent an email to the online dealer & waiting for his response.

So guys, need feedback please. It's a beautiful case & expensive. If it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't give a hoot..lol..

Comments please. I sent an email to Lifeproof & waiting for their response.

$IMG_0179.jpg

$IMG_0180.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully you don't have a fake.... You have to be careful buying them. I wouldn't buy them unless from lifeproof or best buy. Why take a chance on a $600 phone to save maybe 20 dollars.

I am in my second lifeproof and trust it whole heartedly

Good luck with it maybe lifeproof can help you

Sent from my Sweet White 32g iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Oh and yes there should be a bulge. Mine has rubber or whatever around the ear piece. White on an iPhone 5

Can anyone snap a photo of the inside part of their Lifeproof Fre so I can email them to the dealer.

Can you take a photo of the inside part please? It'll be much needed help...

I wish I had mine with me at work. I just took it off last night due to going out tonight and want it slimmer. If no one does I will try to take one tomorrow.