What's new

Just jailbroke iphone 4 5.1 again..

lthodde116

Reaction score
I did a tethered jailbreak on my iphone 4 about a month or two ago and everything was working great, then earlier today my phone died and once I charged it and turned it back on, obviously I had to rejailbreak it. Well I did and now while the theme I was using was still there, the icons are weird looking and it put a weird apple logo on my wallpaper, I attached a screenshot of it to help explain what I mean. I can't seem to get rid of it. Any help would be appreciated.

If this matters- after I first jailbroke my phone I deleted redsn0w on my computer to save space since I have little room left, so when I jailbroke it today I had to download it again, could it be an issue of what version I'm using? I'm using the most recent version now as I used the most recent version back then and I'm not sure if it's been updated since.

It also has nothing to do with the theme, I changed the theme a few time and each one had the apple logo and the blurred out icons.

$photo 1.jpg$photo 2.jpg

You should never jailbreak on top of a device thats already jailbroken, that is known to cause issues. You'll probably have to restore now and this time you should only jailbreak once. There's no need to rejailbreak if your phone dies, you just have to boot tethered.

You should never jailbreak on top of a device thats already jailbroken, that is known to cause issues. You'll probably have to restore now and this time you should only jailbreak once. There's no need to rejailbreak if your phone dies, you just have to boot tethered.

Is there any way to restore my phone without updating to the newest version? I really don't want 5.1.1

Whenever I look up how to restore without updating, it says to press the shift key while clicking on restore, but it still says Restore and Update when I do that.

If you are on a Mac it is option+restore. You can only downgrade to 5.1 if you have your SHSH saved for that firmware. If not, 5.1.1 has a tethered jailbreak just like 5.1 anyway and when the new jailbreak is released it will likely work with both 5.1 and 5.1.1.

Thank you, I just downloaded the ISPW for 5.1 and restored it. In the future since I don't feel like messing with it anymore for today, would I be able to restore it back to 5.0 by doing the same process I just did? Downloading the 5.0 ISPW and doing a restore or would it not work that way?

Thank you, I just downloaded the ISPW for 5.1 and restored it. In the future since I don't feel like messing with it anymore for today, would I be able to restore it back to 5.0 by doing the same process I just did? Downloading the 5.0 ISPW and doing a restore or would it not work that way?

You can restore to any firmware you want as long as you have the SHSH for it.