What's new

Big problem, just jailbroken.

Whitey

Reaction score
Hi, today I jailbroke my iphone 4 using jailbreakme.com and everything went fine. This was earlier around 12 noon. About 20 minutes ago I downloaded a theme called HTC sense i think, i dont really remember. It rebooted the device, and when i unlocked my phone it froze, so i held in the power button until it powered off. Now when i try to power it back on, the phone just freezes on the apple logo until it turns off by itself. Also, I now have it plugged into my computer but itunes is not evening showing it plugged into my computer. Somebody please help me as I hope this happens often. Thanks!

Last edited:
Nvm this.. after a few minutes of letting my phone sit, itunes finally recognized it and I was able to change the theme. My phone is fine now! Phwew

I posted this yesterday. Same thing happened to me.

Im a verizon user running 4.2.8 and i used Jailbreakme 3.0 and it caused my phone to sit at the apple logo for a good 40 min when ever i need to reboot or power off the device, and then when it did load up the unlock screen it was frozen there.. so i had to restore in itunes.

I wish i just kept my GreenPoison JB when i was on 4.2.6.. but i figured this was supposed to be good and went ahead and restored and upgraded to 4.2.8.

Big mistake lol. Oh well. Stock isn't too bad.. dont wanna keep it stock for too long though.

Be warned though, if you haven't restored it already it will keep sitting at the apple logo frozen everytime.. i tryed it 3 times while JB and each time it never corrected.

yea it just did it again, still sitting at the apple logo but I am able to restore it right now. I am gonna restore it and leave it stock for a little bit anf figure out something to do. I dont feel like going through this twice in one day.

Thats what I just did. Restored it and im leaving it alone, the stuff just isnt worth it to me to be messing around with the phone and possibly screwing up my warranty with verizon.

Restore it and leave it alone!

Why? do you even know what you can do with a JB iphone? WAYYYY better than stock.

as soon as i find another JB im gonna JB again.. This is the first JB ive had problems with and its because it wasn't tested thoroughly on the CDMA iphone.

I'm having the same problem except i can't even restore it. Any advice besides keep plugging it in and resetting it?
I've tried a whole load of times :/

and as for why do it, I disagree with the app store philosophy. I love ios, but there are some things that could be tweaked, that the iphone has the ability to do better, but apple won't allow anyone to play with it. That just doesn't seem right to me.

I'm having the same problem except i can't even restore it. Any advice besides keep plugging it in and resetting it?

and as for why do it, I disagree with the app store philosophy. I love ios, but there are some things that could be tweaked, that the iphone has the ability to do better, but apple won't allow anyone to play with it. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Your gonna have to restore more than likely.. I tried Jailbreakme 3.0 three different times.. and each time ended with me restoring.

Just plug your phone in to your computer via USB and start up itunes.. You'll hear the noise on your computer than says its sync sooner or later (give it time it always came up for me eventually).. let it make a back up and then click your phone on the left hand side of itunes and then you should see a screen that says restore.

restore the phone then after thats finished click restore from back up and you'll get all your music and apps and text messages and contacts back ect.

THEN, after your phone is all clean and restored. follow this youtube video for a easy jailbreak on 4.2.8 (i found this about an hour ago and it took about ten mintues to do, now im redownloading all my paid cydia tweaks now)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gVPrgZgNXc&annotation_id=annotation_936683&feature=iv"]YouTube - ‪How to Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4.2.8 UNTETHERED Redsn0w EASY WAY‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

Your gonna have to restore more than likely.. I tried Jailbreakme 3.0 three different times.. and each time ended with me restoring.

Just plug your phone in to your computer via USB and start up itunes.. You'll hear the noise on your computer than says its sync sooner or later (give it time it always came up for me eventually).. let it make a back up and then click your phone on the left hand side of itunes and then you should see a screen that says restore.

restore the phone then after thats finished click restore from back up and you'll get all your music and apps and text messages and contacts back ect.

THEN, after your phone is all clean and restored. follow this youtube video for a easy jailbreak on 4.2.8 (i found this about an hour ago and it took about ten mintues to do, now im redownloading all my paid cydia tweaks now)

I appreciate it mate, but that's not working for me. I did jailbreak it properly, and I do know to try to restore and I have, but I can't actually get itunes to recognize it! I'd be ok with going stock if i had to (though i'd REALLY miss Xpandr) it's just that I can't get it to connect to iTunes to even attempt a restore!

I appreciate it mate, but that's not working for me. I did jailbreak it properly, and I do know to try to restore and I have, but I can't actually get itunes to recognize it! I'd be ok with going stock if i had to (though i'd REALLY miss Xpandr) it's just that I can't get it to connect to iTunes to even attempt a restore!

Not sure what to tell you.. Have you tried holding the Power and home button to reset it? I saw a youtube vid of someone doing that.

and i heard that putting the device into DFU mode allow itunes to recogizine the phone.. you know how to put it into DFU mode right?

I posted this yesterday. Same thing happened to me.

Im a verizon user running 4.2.8 and i used Jailbreakme 3.0 and it caused my phone to sit at the apple logo for a good 40 min when ever i need to reboot or power off the device, and then when it did load up the unlock screen it was frozen there.. so i had to restore in itunes.

I wish i just kept my GreenPoison JB when i was on 4.2.6.. but i figured this was supposed to be good and went ahead and restored and upgraded to 4.2.8.

Big mistake lol. Oh well. Stock isn't too bad.. dont wanna keep it stock for too long though.

Be warned though, if you haven't restored it already it will keep sitting at the apple logo frozen everytime.. i tryed it 3 times while JB and each time it never corrected.

And you can't just JB with Snowbreeze? It's designed for 4.2.8 and works fine on my phone.

Not sure what to tell you.. Have you tried holding the Power and home button to reset it? I saw a youtube vid of someone doing that.

and i heard that putting the device into DFU mode allow itunes to recogizine the phone.. you know how to put it into DFU mode right?

ah ha! you know what? I thought i did, but it turns out i was doing it wrong! :D
thank you for suggesting I try it again, because I'm all restored now =D