What's new

Just installed Siri on iPhone 4 OS 5.1 tethered jailbreak

InkedAdrenaline said:
I don't see the point in taking up space with Siri unless you have it already with the 4s. My wife has a 4s and other than asking it funny questions to see what it replies it useless IMO. I can open an app and find what I'm looking for faster than Siri.

Well if you had a 4S you wouldn't have to install Siri at all.lol.

And sure...it can seem "useless" if all you do is ask it silly questions. However Siri is far from "useless". That is a fact....you saying Siri is "useless" is only your opinion.

Something that allows you to make appointments, send messages, add calendar events, check the weather, look for near by restaurants, just by telling it to do so.....is in fact very useful.

Why is this useful.....well...wee can do things...any types of things....drive, ride your bike, jog, workout....without having to look at your phone and concentrate on tapping the right buttons. Just continue doing whatever yaks you may be in the middle of, and tell Siri what you want to do while doing so. How exactly is that "useless"?

I don't have Siri on iPhone 4, and really don't plan on doing it any time soon. I didn't get the 4S because of the absence of a bootrom exploit....and honestly...I don't even are about having Siri installed.

But to call something that does so much (yes...more than answering silly questions) from jut talking to it, allowing to multitask wry easily "useless" is just hardcore asinine. Fact.....not opinion.

Blows my mind every time I here someone say that Siri is useless. If Siri is useless....then so is everything else that was designed specifically for making our every day tasks easier.....yes...including your iPhone. Just plain useless isn't it?lol. All it does is....... all kinds of sh**!

Wow, relax. Obviously you didn't see the "IMO". Yes that is my opinion, which I'm entitled to on a public forum.

I guess for the right person, Siri could be useful. I do realize how many features it has, but have seen first hand that those who have it tell me they hardly use it. I think it appeals to more of a "business man" type person I guess.

I don't see the point in taking up space with Siri unless you have it already with the 4s. My wife has a 4s and other than asking it funny questions to see what it replies it useless IMO. I can open an app and find what I'm looking for faster than Siri.

That's how it started for me as well, but after jailbreaking I use Siri all the time now. It is much faster for me to say "launch 'appname'" then to unlock the phone, open a folder and scroll to find the app. I also use it for checking sports scores with Siri Sports. I use it to set alarms, set reminders, get directions, control Spotify, check the weather and to send SMS while driving. Siri is much more than just a novelty item.

InkedAdrenaline said:
Wow, relax. Obviously you didn't see the "IMO". Yes that is my opinion, which I'm entitled to on a public forum.

I guess for the right person, Siri could be useful. I do realize how many features it has, but have seen first hand that those who have it tell me they hardly use it. I think it appeals to more of a "business man" type person I guess.

Okay, sorry..I'll relax.

That's how it started for me as well, but after jailbreaking I use Siri all the time now. It is much faster for me to say "launch 'appname'" then to unlock the phone, open a folder and scroll to find the app. I also use it for checking sports scores with Siri Sports. I use it to set alarms, set reminders, get directions, control Spotify, check the weather and to send SMS while driving. Siri is much more than just a novelty item.

I actually did not know it could launch apps...thats actually really cool LOL...(guess im eating crow Zig)

I actually did not know it could launch apps...thats actually really cool LOL...(guess im eating crow Zig)

Well it can't when it's stock, but if you jailbreak there's a tweak called "Assistant Extensions" that lets you launch apps with Siri and even set custom commands to do other tasks

Well it can't when it's stock, but if you jailbreak there's a tweak called "Assistant Extensions" that lets you launch apps with Siri and even set custom commands to do other tasks

Ok that explains it, I dont feel as dumb now haha.