What's new

iOS 5.1 "Tethered" Jailbreak Released For Non A5 iDevices!

Mr.Mischief

Reaction score
The Jailbreak for iOS 5.1 was just released! It doesn't work with A5 iDevices and it is a "Tethered" Jailbreak. I'm not jailbreaking until there's an untethered way.

The iPhone Dev-Team – reliably as per usual – have updated its Redsn0w jailbreak tool, allowing those using the latest iOS 5.1 to set their devices free. It works for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices except, of course, the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2.
Additionally, as you may already be aware, the jailbreak is tethered, meaning you will need to connect your device to a computer to boot tethered each time it is switched off for whatever reason. The ‘SemiTether’ patch eases the tethered scenario by allowing devices to boot without connecting to a PC or Mac, although features are extremely limited, thus it will have to be booted tethered in order to function at optimum level once more.

Of course, it’s not as exciting as the fully-untethered jailbreak with all the bells and whistles; but we reckon that it’s better than no jailbreak at all!
As usual, we’ve got the tutorial to help you in your quest to jailbreak your iOS 5.1 device.

Source and Tutorial: Jailbreak 5.1 Semi Untethered On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b6 | Redmond Pie

Last edited:
Me either I can't wait for that release I know the developers are working hard to get this release out