What's new

jailbroken iphone 3gs will not turn on after respring

Been in your position now you can't save ssh in your phone at all, looks like your only option is to restore the phone.

Try this...

To do this the best thing to do is get the phone into DFU mode. First of all connect your iPhone to your PC with the cable.
Then it is quite simple. You hold both the home and power buttons together for exactly 10 seconds and let go of the power whilst continuing to hold home. After about 15 seconds your device will be in DFU mode. We have a guide here if you are struggling with it - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

Just remember, hold both buttons for exactly 10 seconds, let go of the power but keep holding the home button. Your iPhone will reset at about the 7 second mark. This is normal. Just ignore it and continue counting up to 10... It might take a couple of attempts to get it right, but don't give up!

Your screen should stay black when in DFU mode, but iTunes should tell you it has detected a device in recovery mode. This is good! When it does this, press OK and then press the "Restore" button in iTunes. That should get you back to factory freshness with a working iPhone.

Let us know how you get on... Good luck!

Been in your position now you can't save ssh in your phone at all, looks like your only option is to restore the phone.

Try this...

To do this the best thing to do is get the phone into DFU mode. First of all connect your iPhone to your PC with the cable.
Then it is quite simple. You hold both the home and power buttons together for exactly 10 seconds and let go of the power whilst continuing to hold home. After about 15 seconds your device will be in DFU mode. We have a guide here if you are struggling with it - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/

Just remember, hold both buttons for exactly 10 seconds, let go of the power but keep holding the home button. Your iPhone will reset at about the 7 second mark. This is normal. Just ignore it and continue counting up to 10... It might take a couple of attempts to get it right, but don't give up!

Your screen should stay black when in DFU mode, but iTunes should tell you it has detected a device in recovery mode. This is good! When it does this, press OK and then press the "Restore" button in iTunes. That should get you back to factory freshness with a working iPhone.

Let us know how you get on... Good luck!

hey guys, I did this and it didn't work for me, so chances are it wont work for you if you're in the same situation. I can ask my dad what he did if yall want though!