What's new

iPhone 4s Freezing After About A Minute, Followed Shortly By A Respring

Redscar2000

Reaction score
Just today, my iPhone 4S started doing this. I turn it on, then eventually the screen freezes up for about 15 seconds, then my iPhone resprings. It seems like it always crashes when I'm using something internet related. On Cydia, the only really CHANGING thing I have is Color Keyboard, and BytaFont, but I'm not currently BytaFont. Other things are stuff like gpsphone, etc. I'm new to the forums, so please tell me if there's anything else I should include.
EDIT: Also, turning the iPhone on takes a while, and it turns on the same way a respring turns an iPhone back on.

Last edited:
The usual way to remedy this is to delete your most recent tweaks one by one until the re springs stop.

Sounds like you do have a bad tweak here.

I trust your tweaks are from the big boss repo and not cracked ones which can cause conflicts.

If all else fails download the apt backup tweak and perform the back up both with this and itunes.

Restore your iphone as new and go again.

It's been over 3 weeks to a month since I installed something from Cydia. I've recently installed some games from the App Store, but again, nothing "changing". And yes, no cracked apps from Cydia. Also, it recently has gotten a little better. I can browse internet-related apps for a little longer now, options is usable again, but the freezes still happen. And, also, if I restore it and sync my apps from iTunes, should the problem be gone?

It's been over 3 weeks to a month since I installed something from Cydia. I've recently installed some games from the App Store, but again, nothing "changing". And yes, no cracked apps from Cydia. Also, it recently has gotten a little better. I can browse internet-related apps for a little longer now, options is usable again, but the freezes still happen. And, also, if I restore it and sync my apps from iTunes, should the problem be gone?

Restoring is a known remedy.

If not then don't re jailbreak at all and see if the issues goes altogether.