What's new

Stuck on loading wheel after respring!

idevii330

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was recently deleting some cydia packages that I no longer use, and after a respring it would not load back, it was just stuck on the loading spinning wheel. I did a reboot and everything worked fine. Until I went into winterboard and applied a new theme I downloaded, it then prompt me to do a respring. Now my device will not load after several reboot attempts. It it stuck on the spinning loading wheel. I am using an iphone 3gs , ios 5.0.1 with an ipad baseband.

Help please!

idevii330 said:
Hey guys, I was recently deleting some cydia packages that I no longer use, and after a respring it would not load back, it was just stuck on the loading spinning wheel. I did a reboot and everything worked fine. Until I went into winterboard and applied a new theme I downloaded, it then prompt me to do a respring. Now my device will not load after several reboot attempts. It it stuck on the spinning loading wheel. I am using an iphone 3gs , ios 5.0.1 with an ipad baseband.

Help please!

You probably deleted something you shouldn't have.

Plug in device, enter DFU mode, and boot tethered.

You probably deleted something you shouldn't have.

Plug in device, enter DFU mode, and boot tethered.

Thanks for getting back to me, I have already done a DFU tethered reboot. Several times......

also, I deleted cydelete

Last edited:
idevii330 said:
Thanks for getting back to me, I have already done a DFU tethered reboot. Several times......

also, I deleted cydelete

Oh wait...you didn't delete mostly everything via CyDelete did you?

That is a horrible tweak..that should be removed from Cydia.

Oh wait...you didn't delete mostly everything via CyDelete did you?

That is a horrible tweak..that should be removed from Cydia.

no no, i was deleting via cydia.

any suggestions?

Last edited:
idevii330 said:
no no, i was deleting via cydia.

any suggestions?

Okay. Cool.

My only suggestion would be to rejailbreak with redsn0w making sure to "uncheck" install Cydia.

If that does not work...I think a restore to a custom IPSW would be your only option. And make sure to not restore from a backup.

Okay. Cool.

My only suggestion would be to rejailbreak with redsn0w making sure to "uncheck" install Cydia.

If that does not work...I think a restore to a custom IPSW would be your only option. And make sure to not restore from a backup.

Okay so i did what you said, I tryed to re jailbreak and i still get nothing, just keeps going to the spinning wheel. ...............

idevii330 said:
Okay so i did what you said, I tryed to re jailbreak and i still get nothing, just keeps going to the spinning wheel. ...............

You are going to have to restore mate. Sorry.

I bet you just installed way too many things. And when you do that conflicts are bound to happen.

You cannot just install anything from Cydia. Tho most of the newer tweaks were made for iOS 5,, A lot were kept on there for older devices with older firmwares. Like BackBoard. It even says "only for iOS 3.x & 4.x"

You are going to have to restore mate. Sorry.

I bet you just installed way too many things. And when you do that conflicts are bound to happen.

You cannot just install anything from Cydia. Tho most of the newer tweaks were made for iOS 5,, A lot were kept on there for older devices with older firmwares. Like BackBoard. It even says "only for iOS 3.x & 4.x"

I'm fairly new to this, how do I preform a restore? thanks again.

*update* Through itunes correct? I't is doing the restore now, afterwards a jailbreak should be successful?

Last edited:
idevii330 said:
I'm fairly new to this, how do I preform a restore? thanks again.

*update* Through itunes correct? I't is doing the restore now, afterwards a jailbreak should be successful?

What are you updating? Why wouldn't you restore to 5.0.1? Ya know..,.so you could keep your untethered jailbreak.

What are you updating? Why wouldn't you restore to 5.0.1? Ya know..,.so you could keep your untethered jailbreak.

Thanks for you advice, i've restored, re-jailbreaked and now everything is back to normal. Im going to have to watch what I download from cydia.

Thanks again!

idevii330 said:
Thanks for you advice, i've restored, re-jailbreaked and now everything is back to normal. Im going to have to watch what I download from cydia.

Thanks again!

Yeah....you have to check compatibility.

I recommend you go to YouTube and look up the top 10 Cydia tweaks for iOS 5. That way you have a better understanding of what you should install. Like I said before, not everything from Cydia is for iOS 5 or even an iPhone at all.

Do your research on a tweak you see that you may want to install. If ya can't find anything about it...ask on the forum I guess.lol.

Tho...pretty much any newer tweaks that show up in the "Changes" tab in Cydia are made for iOS 5.