What's new

Iphone 3GS - Jailbroke 6.0 image - Stuck on "Connected to Itunes"

pvd2006

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just received a iphone 3gs and needed to jailbreak it to unlock for use for T-mobile service. It was originally on firmware 5.1.1 with a baseband of 5.14. I used an other version of RedSn0w to jailbreak it/upgrade to base-band 6.15(checked serial# and it didn't have 134 in it anywhere). At this point I was able to do a tethered boot to get in and install r3dsn0w through Cydia and unlocked the device. Then the phone went to sleep while idle and rebooted itself and got stuck on apple logo screen, then went into a reboot loop. I tried to force a shutdown by holding down the power+home button, but it kept turning right back on after I let go of the buttons. It didn't matter which order I let go of the buttons.

Once I got home, I attempted to try again. I attempted restoring through r3dsn0w using the pwned DFU option. itunes recognized the device and let me attempt to load the custom 5.1.1 image but it failed with the 3194 error. I tried many suggestions, like removing the entry from hosts file, making sure firewall was disabled, no anti-virus installed, installing latest version of itunes, rebooting computer, etc... After messing it for 3 hours I said f*** it and downloaded R3dsn0w 0.9.13dev4 to load/jailbreak 6.0 image. This worked and let me get back into the initial setup screen. After selecting language it said "Connect to ITunes" so I did. IT now said "Connected to Itunes." When I looked in ITunes I saw it trying to load the iphone but was greyed out with the spinning wheel. Then the phone rebooted. Now it reboots if I let it goto sleep(and even sometimes before it falls asleep). If someone could help it would be appreciated. Thank you!

Note: I did save blobs and have one for 4.1

Last edited:
So it turns out I do have a serial number of xx150xxxxxx which isn't suppose to be upgraded to baseband 6.15. So now I have gotten it back to ios 4.1 but with no wifi, bluetooth, or imei. I tried the downgrade baseband option in r3dsn0w but it didn't work as I figured. Is my only option at this point to get the baseband replaced? If there is any other possible way please let me know. Thanks.

edit: I see there is a tool called BBUpdaterExtreme. Has anyone had any luck using this to fix a corrupt Toshiba baseband?

Last edited: