What's new

iPhone 4 4.2.1 stuck on connect to itunes

GraemeG

Reaction score
Hello.

An attempt to jailbreak GP RC6 hasnt worked and now the phone is stuck on a screen saying connect to itunes?
How do I get out of this mode. I have opened iTunes and it said there is a phone sitting in dfu/or recovery mode restore. But now it is downloading something in itunes but iphone is still sitting in connect to itunes screen.

Any ideas?

Hello.

An attempt to jailbreak GP RC6 hasnt worked and now the phone is stuck on a screen saying connect to itunes?
How do I get out of this mode. I have opened iTunes and it said there is a phone sitting in dfu/or recovery mode restore. But now it is downloading something in itunes but iphone is still sitting in connect to itunes screen.

Any ideas?

Do you have Wi-Fi Sync installed on your computer? If you do it will keep you from being able to update or restore your iPhone.

No but iphone4 is back on and still 4.2.1

Make sure gp is open but on the previous screen before count down. Press and hold home button and sleep together. Hold till screen goes blank. Soon as goes blank press next on gp and release both buttons. Then quickly hold down the sleep button etc as gp tells you.
This might take a few attempts to catch it right but will work. As happened to me. Make sure iTunes is closed and as I found out hard way with many failed attempts on mate 3GS that you also need a internet connection

Hope this helps you out.