What's new

Stuck in Respring

FlippyTrippy

Reaction score
Hi, *SNIP* opened up Cydia, which I haven't really been using as much lately. I updated 5 things and I'm not quite sure what it was I updated. But I did not download any new packages. After updating the packages I clicked Respring and have been stuck in a loop ever since. My iphone is on the black screen with the little circle icon that spins around. The icon is frozen, but I have it seen it move a tiny bit every few minutes. When my phone is plugged into the computer, it vibrates twice every few minutes, at the same time as the icon moving. Searching the forums told me to try and use redsnow to break the loop but I am unable to enter DFU mode. I have tried forcing it to shut down and it's unresponsive to that as well. Itunes is recognizing that my phone is plugged in. I really really need my phone today as i'm broke and depending on the ability to use my phone so the sooner we figure this *SNIP* out the better.

My white iPhone 4 is on iOS 5 jailbroken by redsnow. I'm not sure on the exact version of the firmware and I'm not sure the packages that were updated either. I remember iblacklist and zeppelin but that's it. Hope you guys can help :D

EDIT: iTunes told me I'm on version 5.0.1
Also, I do not have a SIM card in my phone. Don't really think that's relevant but it might be xD. I haven't had one in since September and I've had no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a family oriented forum. Keep it rated G please.

Thanks

Leave it on itunes for 20 min, should
Booth. If not, when boothing, hold volume button up. Then delete the thing that made a booth loop

Unplug your iPhone and turn it off. Hold the Volume Up button and plug in the dock connector until you hit the springboard. Your phone will be in safe mode. Remove any of the Cydia packages that requires a reboot, not a respring, a reboot (like***** for example). I had the same problem the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
***** - please don't refer to apps that promote piracy...