What's new

Recovery Loop? iphone 3g IOS 6 help im in the middle of a hurricane with no phone!

skaidra

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know much about these things so bare with me :/

My phone seems to be stuck in a recovery loop (i think that's what it is)

it will turn off, go to the apple screen for a bit, go to the "connect to itunes" screen. when I slide the 'configure' bar it says connected to itunes. the iphone icon appears in my itunes with the rotate-y thing next to it. but it never stops rotating and then the icon disappears, the phone turns of, and the whole process starts again.

this has happened before and it just fixed itself over night, but its been a day and a half. It started working for a minute and i was able to send out a few texts before it went back into the loop.

My phone often tells me it cant find the sim. When this happens i take the sim out, put it back in, and everything is usually ok. this happens every few weeks. I've only had the phone a few months

I don't want to restore my phone, i never told it to restore. it did this randomly on its own. last time when it got itself out of the loop i didn't loose any data. I think i have it backed up though, not sure.

please help!!! i'm stuck in the middle of superstorm sandy with no phone!

i got the phone from the apple store. it was a replacement for the first one i bought a week earlier (the button on top got stuck). I don't know anything about the phone's history - i assumed it was new.

i have no idea what jailbreaking is, i have never done anything to this phone.

help!! I need my phone to deal with this hurricane crap!

oh yeah, i think it started when my phone suddently said "no service" (which it does sometimes) so i pushed the home and top button at the same time (like i always do) and then it got stuck in the loop. It constantly sais "searching" at the top

Last edited:
I'm just throwing out a wild guess here... but I would assume the hurricane is preventing the phone signal towers to transmit the right way. So you wouldn't be getting service.. Your iPhone needs service in order to activate. It's not in recovery loop. It's just stuck in activation mode because theres no service from your carrier.