What's new

Stuck in boot loop and impossible to restore?

coreylewisaspin123

Reaction score
Hello there guys!.

I was cleaning today and left my phone on the side and a glass fell from the top of my cupboard and landed on my phone and has completely and utterly destroyed my iphone 7 and there is no going back sadly, so I have gone back to old measures and dug out the old iPhone 5s. I plugged in my iphone and updated blah blah. However, it is now stuck in the "boot loop", I have put it into recovery mode and connected to iTunes and chosen "Restore and Update" however after 10-15 minutes it seems to some what time out and my phone gives up and starts to go back to the reboot loop mode and I have to start again.

Is there a fix for this or have I completely lost this battle?

I appreciate all the comments and thanks in advance!

Corey.

Hi i am now in almost the same situation and hoped your issue was solved and posted how you got it working again.
I have after had some issue i thought was from going to iOS 11 Public Beta
So i erased the Beta profile and logged off find my iPhone and put it in recovery mode and now can't get out of it.
iTunes tried to install the new software 10.3.2 but when phone is starting up it goes back in recovery mode with iTunes symbol.
I now tried it on 2 different computers and same things happen even when trying to do a complete reset.
tried different cables and no changes.
Hope someone can guide me to get my phone working again.
Itunes gives a message but no fault code.
Only that my phone has some issue that demands it to be updated or done a recovery.
I don't know what to try next.

Appreciate some good advice or should i step on it and ask for a new phone on my insurance ?
Cant be possible that i can't get out of this loop i am stuck in.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Magnus

Thanks J.A. for the link.
I tried putting the iPhone 7 into DFU but can't get there.
Tried redsn0w to help with timing it but exactly when it is going over from 1 second left the iPhone turns back into Recovery mode.
I downloaded another program recboot but it didn't help either.
Now trying ReiBoot and it is downloading software right now and i hope it will work but think I'm lost this phone.
I talked to apple yesterday and they didn't know whats wrong and sent me a link to get back from Beta version but nothing helps.
If this doesn't help i will try contacting apple support today.

Earlier this evening i received a call from senior apple support and this gentleman helped me connect my MacBook air to the computer he uses and guided me how to download a IPSW file he got from Apple engineers to use for recover my iPhone 7.
Then connected my phone and choose that file in iTunes to use for recovery.
When that was done i set up my phone from my backup i did same day i upgraded to iOS 11 beta .
It took a long time for it to reload all apps and content but now its back as good as before.
It want me to download iOS 11 again but right now I'm a bit unsure because the reason i tried to downgrade was that my money transfer app gave me errors each time i tried to transfer money after i went to iOS 11.
Maybe i should wait until i see a upgrade in that app.
Miss some new features but felt it took lots more battery than earlier beta versions i been on.
If i know myself it won't take long before I'm there again ;-)
A great thanks to Apples fantastic support. I newer phoned a faster support in my life and so welcoming and supporting and telling me that sure this should we solve in one way or the other.
Got me thinking i won't leave this manufacturer for a long while and continue buying these nice phones and computers when having such a great support team and also this great forum to fall back on when its needed.
I never thought that it would be possible to get my phone back in working order so easy as it was done in the end.
Hope this helps someone else if they fall into this problem.