What's new

Jailbreaking Methods for iPhone

Jmills87,
Yes, I realize they are adds, but is there any reason that their solution will not work? Has anyone tried them? $25 for a solution with a guarantee is good enough for me. Right now I have nothing.

Smug

Because it's a scam. The websites that charge money for jailbreaks provide the same exact tools that are already available for free. If the free tools cannot perform a 5.1 untethered jailbreak, then neither can the paid tools.

Ladies and gentlemen! it's only a matter of time now! :)
***LINK REMOVED***

yes that is true! While ionic claims to have had a un tethered exploit for some time now but has made it clear he will never release it to the public pod2G thankfully has found a few exploits and on twitter announced that his iphone 4 is un tethered on ios 5.1 so you're right it's only a matter of time, well see.

pod2g @pod2g
1d
Heya! My iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1 is now untethered :)

yes that is true! While ionic claims to have had a un tethered exploit for some time now but has made it clear he will never release it to the public pod2G thankfully has found a few exploits and on twitter announced that his iphone 4 is un tethered on ios 5.1 so you're right it's only a matter of time, well see.

pod2g @pod2g
1d
Heya! My iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1 is now untethered :)
i personally think ionic is full of crap...and if he DOES actually have an untethered jailbreak that he's not willing to share, then i think he should keep his mouth shut!

i personally think ionic is full of crap...and if he DOES actually have an untethered jailbreak that he's not willing to share, then i think he should keep his mouth shut!

pod2g is not i0n1ic. Don't expect anything from Steffan, but pod2g will definitely be releasing his jailbreak.

The announcement on greenpois0n.com says that Absinthe 2.0 (or 2.0.1) supports:

iPhone2,1 – 3,1 – 3,3 – 4,1

Is iPhone4,1 the iPhone 4S?

hello i have iphone 4, newest baseband and 5.1.1. i am not shore if i must use absinthe 2.0 or can i use absinthe 2.0.4?

kimja said:
hello i have iphone 4, newest baseband and 5.1.1. i am not shore if i must use absinthe 2.0 or can i use absinthe 2.0.4?

What are you trying to do? You never said.

And of coarse...as always...use that latest Absinthe 2.0.4 (if Jailbreaking is what your trying to do). If there is a newer version of anything...go with the newer version.

Baseband has nothing to do with Jailbreaking.

Thankyou.
first it was about jailbreak.
I have done as you said and installd absinthe 2.0.4

now its about unlocking telia sweeden as carier.

I bought r-sim 5 and gevey ulra+

i have read for 10 hours and understand that all these gavey,r-sim++ did use sam for unlocking.
and now in may apple patcht that hole and all these r-sim,gevey++ are usless? :(

so where do i lock for alttarnative metode or who is best on this so i can folow there websit\twitter for update on unlocking bb01.12.01

kimja said:
Thankyou.
first it was about jailbreak.
I have done as you said and installd absinthe 2.0.4

now its about unlocking telia sweeden as carier.

I bought r-sim 5 and gevey ulra+

i have read for 10 hours and understand that all these gavey,r-sim++ did use sam for unlocking.
and now in may apple patcht that hole and all these r-sim,gevey++ are usless? :(

so where do i lock for alttarnative metode or who is best on this so i can folow there websit\twitter for update on unlocking bb01.12.01

I'm sorry Kimja....but I have no idea. I live in the US...therefore I have no idea how unlocking works with carriers where you are at.

I would contact the carrier you are trying to get activated on the phone...and ask if they can get the device officially unlocked.

Or find out the *original* carrier...and see if they will unlock it for you.

cdev has not came with an update of their absinthe jailbreak as a solution for iOS 6 beta versions, i think they are waiting for the public iOS release, may be along with the next generation iPhone. Hope they can soon update it once Apple rolled out iOS 6 original, anyway i'm waiting for it.