What's new

Jailbreaking Methods for iPhone

Do not use iPhone Unlocker Pro! It is rubbish, It does not work! They will not help. THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY! Do not use them!

Do not use iPhone Unlocker Pro! It is rubbish, It does not work! They will not help. THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY! Do not use them!

so why did you chose that username? we could of told you this from the start, you NEVER pay for unlock OR jailbreaks.. unless you buy a gevey sim...

Maybe I should say no software unlock or jailbreak.

IphoneUnlockerPro said:

And please don't spam the boards... We can't allow you just to keep posting that same message in multiple threads...

OK, n00b here & have a question abt jb'ing my 4 with 5.0.1; I pretty sure i should use redsn0w 0.9.x.

I guess, the frazeing of the next question is; how easy is it to brick the 4, using this software?

while I am competent & can follow directions the downside is huge.

OK, n00b here & have a question abt jb'ing my 4 with 5.0.1; I pretty sure i should use redsn0w 0.9.x.

I guess, the frazeing of the next question is; how easy is it to brick the 4, using this software?

while I am competent & can follow directions the downside is huge.

pretty much impossible.. you never "brick" the device by doing a jailbreak.. all it is really is holding a few buttons for x amount of seconds.. very easy to do and you wont brick the device

Anyone else look into/try greenpois0n's 4S jailbreak they just announced?

You mean Absinthe - the JB tool that's been out for more than a month, now? And has its own dedicated sticky/tutorial in the jail breaking section...?

If that's what you mean, then yes, we've looked into it... :D

Marilyn

I have an Iphone 4 with the iOs 5.0.1 software. I downloaded the green poison from above and it is saying my device is not compatable with the program. I then restarted my computer and it is still giving me the same error message.

codyws said:
I have an Iphone 4 with the iOs 5.0.1 software. I downloaded the green poison from above and it is saying my device is not compatable with the program. I then restarted my computer and it is still giving me the same error message.

If you have an iPhone 4 then you want to use redsnOw. GreenpoisOn uses the Absinthe tool for the iPhone 4S.

ok thank you as far as finding the direct link for redsnow and the latest firmware software needed for the JB where can I find that?

I have downloaded redsn0w_win_0.9.10b5c for the iphone 4 5.0.1 , I then clicked on the link for the apple firmware on the 1st page of this thread and I dont know which one i need to download. It is verizon service. Any help will be appreciated.

I have downloaded redsn0w_win_0.9.10b5c for the iphone 4 5.0.1 , I then clicked on the link for the apple firmware on the 1st page of this thread and I dont know which one i need to download. It is verizon service. Any help will be appreciated.

Please have patience and don't double post across threads, which is against our rules. Folks will answer when they get a chance. You've now got an answer in the firmware download thread.