What's new

Jailbreaking Methods for iPhone

hi, i have a question
i have a 3gs with 5.0.1
and i have shsh blobs for 4.3 & 4.2.1 & 4.1
but cydia didn't backup 4.3.3 for me
is there anyway to downgrade to 4.3.3
because i couldn't find any untethered JB for 4.3 and i dont want to go below 4.3
what if i go to 4.3 then 4.3.3?
would i be needing shsh for 4.3.3 in that case?
sorry for my EN
thanks in advanced

hi, i have a question
i have a 3gs with 5.0.1
and i have shsh blobs for 4.3 & 4.2.1 & 4.1
but cydia didn't backup 4.3.3 for me
is there anyway to downgrade to 4.3.3
because i couldn't find any untethered JB for 4.3 and i dont want to go below 4.3
what if i go to 4.3 then 4.3.3?
would i be needing shsh for 4.3.3 in that case?
sorry for my EN
thanks in advanced

Did you check Tiny Umbrella? Open up TU and click Save SHSH. See if 4.3.3 shows up in the list.

where can i download the latest jailbreak for 5.1 iphone 4? the link in the thread isn't working for me.

Thank you for this list! There isn't a jailbreak for my 4S on 5.1 yet but now I know where to go to check its availability :)

It seems that yesterday the Jailbreak iOS 5.1 Untethered for iPhone 4S was released:

<link removed>

using absinthe-0.5

Can somebody confirm if this announcement is reliable?

no, unless you see it directly from the devs on twitter/facebook/irc or their blogs then I would not believe it, there is only a tethered JB for NON A5 devices atm

melendro said:
it seems that yesterday the jailbreak ios 5.1 untethered for iphone 4s was released:

using absinthe-0.5

can somebody confirm if this announcement is reliable?

fake!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL! That video doesn't even show an iPhone at all, all they did was make a very basic application in visual basic that just looks like it's actually doing something..... people, come on now. Unless you see the phone in the video, and they show it booting untethered and loading Cydia, DO NOT BELIEVE IT!

LOL! That video doesn't even show an iPhone at all, all they did was make a very basic application in visual basic that just looks like it's actually doing something..... people, come on now. Unless you see the phone in the video, and they show it booting untethered and loading Cydia, DO NOT BELIEVE IT!

Question,

What are the two links at the top of this page, indicating a solution for IPhone 4, with 5.1 jailbreak? What am I missing?

Smug

Question,

What are the two links at the top of this page, indicating a solution for IPhone 4, with 5.1 jailbreak? What am I missing?

Smug

The current 5.1 jailbreak on iPhone4 is a tethered jailbreak. The links you see at the very top (directly above and under the menu bar) are advertisements.

The current 5.1 jailbreak on iPhone4 is a tethered jailbreak. The links you see at the very top (directly above and under the menu bar) are advertisements.

Jmills87,
Yes, I realize they are adds, but is there any reason that their solution will not work? Has anyone tried them? $25 for a solution with a guarantee is good enough for me. Right now I have nothing.

Smug

Smugg said:
Jmills87,
Yes, I realize they are adds, but is there any reason that their solution will not work? Has anyone tried them? $25 for a solution with a guarantee is good enough for me. Right now I have nothing.

Smug

Dude, trust us here.....those jailbreaks are capital F......Fake.

The number 2 very simple and easy to follow rules in the iPhone jailbreak community are simple, and always dependable.

Those top 2 rules are:

1) Never ever ever pay for a jailbreak.
&
2) never ever update your device until you know if the later iOS can be jailbroken.

I know from personal experience that paid jailbreaks (yes ALL of them) are 100% rip offs.

And no....I was never stupid enough to buy one. A friend of mine bought 2 of them....to prove to me that you can in fact buy a jailbreak.

All he did was prove me rite.lol
it was hilarious.lol.

Ladies and gentlemen! it's only a matter of time now! :)
***LINK REMOVED***

Last edited by a moderator: