What's new

Jailbreak & Unlock Via PwnageTool

DannyBoy

Reaction score
PwnageTool 4.1 has been released. You can use it to cook custom firmware files without the upgraded (2.10.4 / 05.14.02) baseband for iPhone 4, 3GS and iPhone 3G running on iOS 4.1 so that you can unlock it using the existing version of Ultrasn0w. This version of PwnageTool also supports hacktivation.
PwnageTool 4.1 supports: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), Apple TV, iPad and iPod touch 4G / 3G.
Follow the instructions posted below to jailbreak any of the above mentioned devices running on iOS 4.1 with PwnageTool.
Step 1: Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
Step 2: Now start iTunes and sync your, iPad or iPod touch with your PC or Mac so that it backs-up all your important data including settings, apps, music, contacts and photos.
Step 3: Download PwnageTool4.1 and the original iOS 4.1 for your version of iOS device. (download links given below). Move all these files to your desktop.
Step 4: Start PwnageTool and select your device:
PwnageTool-4.11.png

Step 5: PwnageTool will now automatically detect the correct firmware for your device as shown in the screenshot below:
PwnageTool-4.1-2.png

Step 6: Click on "No" when PwnageTool asks you “Do you have an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 contract that would activate normally through iTunes?”:
PwnageTool-4.1-1.png

Clicking on “Yes” will update your baseband to the latest version. Click on “Yes” only if you are on an officially supported carrier like AT&T.
Step 7: PwnageTool will now create the custom .ipsw file for which will be jailbroken.
Screen-shot-2010-10-20-at-9.03.59-AM.png

Step 8: Now follow the following steps to enter DFU mode:

• Hold Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
  • Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds
  • You device should now be in DFU mode
PwnageTool-4.1-3.png

Step 9: You will now have to restore your iPhone, iPad (on iOS 3.2.2) or iPod touch to this custom firmware 4.1 file. Start iTunes, click on your device icon from the sidebar in iTunes. Now press and hold left “alt” button (“Shift” button on Windows) on the keyboard and then click on “Restore” (Not “Update” or “Check for Update”) button in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button.
iTunes.png

This will make iTunes prompt you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.1 file. Select the required custom .ipsw file and click on “Open”.
Step 10: Now sit back and enjoy as iTunes does the rest for you. This will involve a series of automated steps. Be patient at this stage and don’t do anything silly. Just wait while iTunes installs the new firmware 4.1 on your, iPad (iOS 3.2.2) or iPod touch. Your iOS device screen at this point will be showing a progress bar indicating installation progress. After the installation is done, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will restart automatically and you should now have a fully jailbrokenhttp://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...-on-iphone-4-ipad-ipod-touch-apple-tv-guide/#, iPad (on iOS 3.2.2) or iPod touch running on iOS 4.1.
How to: Unlock iOS 4.1 (old bootrom):
Follow the complete step by step guide posted here to unlock iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G, on iOS 4.1, on the older baseband using Ultrasn0w.
Step 11: Once you are done with the unlocking and jailbreak process. You can now restore all your settings, apps, music, contacts and photos to the newly installed firmware version 4.1 by restoring the backup that you made in Step 2 from iTunes.
Download PwnageTool 4.1 for Mac
Download iTunes 10.0.1 forhttp://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak...-on-iphone-4-ipad-ipod-touch-apple-tv-guide/# and Mac OS X
Download iOS 4.1 for 3GS, 3GS and iPod touch 4G / 3G
Download iOS 3.2.2 for iPad

RedmondPie~

Last edited:
danny thanx for the updates. bear with me plz im not too genius in this.

is this methode only for apple or window too?

can i unlock iphone 4 version 4.1 base band 02.04.10?

thanx lot .

This is a Mac tool for now...not sure if it will eventually work on windows or not. If you upgraded to 4.1 with itunes and the baseband was updated to 02.10.40 its can't be downgraded or unlocked. Just havetoo wait until 4.2 is out and the dev-team gets a new unlock built.

Yanniss, you should really check the forums before posting questions like this that have been answered many times.

But since I'm in the same boat as you I will answer this. As of this moment, you can not unlock 02.10.04 using ultrasn0w or pwnagetool. They've announced a release date for such an unlock, and it will be after iOS 4.2 is released from Apple so that they won't have to release another unlock for 4.2 basebands in 2 or 3 weeks.

there used to be a windows version called winpwn but the guy who was making the tool got fed up and stopped, or for some other reason unknown to me, and its also a real shame pwnage tool used to have custom boot logos and now i finally get a mac and can use it it does not support the iphone 4 :( the boot logos i mean