What's new

ipad baseband and cydia jb, 4.3.5

Scarthhd

Reaction score
i found this tutorial for downgrading, firmware and baseband on a 4.3.5 iphone 3gs, i followed it till step 11, but the iphone wont reboot,

any idea the tutorial is below...

Steps:
1. Backup your contacts, photos, apps etc.
2. Download iOS 4.1 firmware for iPhone 3GS.
3. Download redsn0w 0.9.8rc18 for Windows or Mac.
4. Download latest version of TinyUmbrella from here.
5. Launch iTunes, connect your iPhone, hold down the SHIFT key while you click the RESTORE button in iTunes and select the 4.1 firmware file you have just downloaded.
6. The restore will end with error 1015 and recovery loop on the iPhone, this can be resolved using the “Exit Recovery” button in TinyUmbrella.
7. Start redsn0w 0.9.6rc18.
8. Browse for the iOS 4.1 firmware you just downloaded.
9. Select ‘Install Cydia’ and ‘Install iPad Baseband’. Warning: installing iPad baseband will break your GPS.
10. Follow on screen instructions to put your device into DFU mode to begin jailbreak.
11. When the process is done, you will find that your iPhone is now jailbroken on iOS 4.1 with iPad baseband 6.15.00.
12. Launch Cydia from Springboard (home menu)
13. Search for ultrasn0w on Packages in Cydia. If you cannot find it, add new sources by typing ultrasn0w repo: repo666.ultrasn0w.com (with zero, not o).
14. Install Ultrasnow 1.2.3.
15. Reboot your iPhone.
To make sure you can always go back to iOS 4.1, launch Cydia and select ‘Make my life easier.’

i have restored it back to 4.3.5 should i just go straight to redsnow now?

You can do a tethered jailbreak with the latest redsn0w, but you will need to use an earlier version in order to install the iPad baseband so that you can unlock

i am using redsnow_win_0.9.6rc18 that has the option for ipad basedband

Doesn't matter, just dont check any other boxes besides install cydia and install ipad baseband. If you install the iPad baseband second, make sure that's the ONLY box checked don't install cydia twice :)

Cool, I can't find the relevant firmware 4.3.5 to use in redsnow just says not specified or summat

does the new version support ipad baseband upgrade

i have used redsn0w_win_0.9.9b1 to jailbreak and install cydia, a double option button, there was nothing on that about updating ipad baseband, cydia has installed on the phone, ultrasnow has installed and so has *MODERATED*, but no sim cards a recognised, i have been trying this for 4 days now, any help please :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The one version of redsn0w I know has the install iPad option is 0.9.6b6 with a 4.2.1 firmware file.

Scarthhd, discussion of piracy is not allowed on this forum.