What's new

Jailbreak newbie needs help with rollback and jailbreak!

turbo508

Reaction score
Hey guys....

I have a 4s with Verizon that I got back in Jan/Feb Timeframe....

I predominantly use it for business and I am in desperate need of a program that does what Bitesms does...

Alas I guess the only option is to rollback my phone from 5.1.1 to 5.1 and then jailbreak it (is this a correct assumption?)

So first question is....what software do I need to rollback from 5.1.1 to 5.1 (Tiny Umbrella?) and if so what settings do I need to set in TU to roll it back? Also how do a back everything up before I do a rollback?

Second question is what software and settings do I need to use to jailbreak it once I get it back to 5.1?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
How hard would it be to upgrade to the new 5.1.1 jailbreak thats coming out soon after I jailbreak it on 5.0.1? How does the upgrade process work once a phone is jailbroken with a certain ios version? Also how do I back up and restore all my apps and stuff that I have on 5.1.1 regular so they go right on the 5.0.1 jailbreak once I do it?

You just hit restore in iTunes to install 5.1.1 and then use the new tool to jailbreak it. Apps are stored in iTunes so you dont need to back them up, just resync after you restore. The 5.1.1 jailbreak will be out in a few days I would just wait.

Whens the new JB coming out? I heard the 25th?

So what your saying is I do a backup on itunes of my 5.1.1 non jb, jailbreak the phone, and then do a restore on itunes? (which will restore all my apps I have on 5.1.1 non JB right now onto the new jailbroker 5.1.1?)

There is no ETA, all we know is that it will be out "in a few days." What I'm saying is the apps are stored in your iTunes library, there is no need to back them up because they are always there. Once you restore you just sync the iPhone and the apps will be transferred from your iTunes library back to your device. If you want to save the settings, scores, etc. you will need to do an iTunes backup and then after jailbreaking you will have to restore the backup.

Where is the place that I would get the new JB or see the annoucment when it comes out?

We will announce it here on the forums, but if you want to know immediately, you can follow the devs on Twitter. @pod2g will be the one releasing the jailbreak. @musclenerd will be the one incorporating it into Redsn0w.

Can you please direct me to where ill find the new thread? I heard its gonna be released tonight?